Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Sterling MI and Rifle River

Message Subject: Sterling MI and Rifle River
muskiewhored
Posted 8/5/2009 3:56 PM (#392534)
Subject: Sterling MI and Rifle River

Anyone have any info they can give me on this area, or the river, going camping next weekend and would like to get in some fishing if possible, I havent found anything on fishing other than trout.
wader
Posted 8/6/2009 10:34 PM (#392811 - in reply to #392534)
Subject: Re: Sterling MI and Rifle River

My deer camp is about 20 minutes north of there. Trout fishing is going to be the dominant species for this area. I've spent a little time wading that river. Typically this time of year I would expect the water temps are going to be hot enough to push all the trout into the cooler spring fed streams, but it's been a cool summer so who knows... You can find some smallies in there if you look hard enough but they are definitely not plentiful. Either way, all you need is a ultralight spinning reel with a few rooster tails...

I can't think of any muskie waters in the area. Saginaw Bay is not very far to the east and that's an outstanding walleye fishery.

Not sure if that helps much, and I've been in MN for a decade...
muskiewhored
Posted 8/7/2009 10:31 AM (#392865 - in reply to #392534)
Subject: Re: Sterling MI and Rifle River

Thanks, was exactly what I was looking for, obviously saves a lot of room in the truck! Thanks again Wader!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)