Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Tough Week On Wabigoon

Message Subject: Tough Week On Wabigoon
rudy
Posted 7/27/2009 1:30 PM (#390697)
Subject: Tough Week On Wabigoon

rain,rain,rain,mayflies,rain and more mayflies made for  a trying week on the 'goon.the great hosts at indian point camp said it was one of the worst years ever for fisherpersons.the water was 71 degrees on sunday afternoon but plummeted to 61 by monday morning and never got over 63 all week.on sunday afternoon we saw 2 decent fish but never saw another fish until a 2 hour window thursday afternoon when a cold front rolled thru and the fish turned on.in that 2 hours we had 5 hook ups but only landed 2 fish of which this healthy 44 incher was the biggest.my other was a 42 incher.my son had 2 fish on,one a high 40's fish that attacked at the boat but just plain pulled off.it would have been his pb but we all know how that goes.he was beside himself and i'm sure he wanted to use words that 13 year olds don't say in front their parents!we cuaght several nice pike up to 39 iches which helped make up for the weather and tough bite.had it not been for that 2 hour window and being in the right spot at the right time it wold have been an extremely humbling experience.we fished the rocks,we fished the weeds, we fished shallow, we fished deep,we fished early,we fished late,we fished all day but just couldn't locate the big girls.the 5 fish we did contact all came on double 10 flashaboo jaymo's BURNED across the weeds.still a great time but LOTS of work.we'll get even in 2010!
DonSchwartz
Posted 7/27/2009 4:41 PM (#390738 - in reply to #390697)
Subject: Re: Tough Week On Wabigoon

What a crazy year we are having, sounds like you gave it a valiant effort and had a good time. Those water temps are crazy.
Pointerpride102
Posted 7/27/2009 4:57 PM (#390741 - in reply to #390697)
Subject: Re: Tough Week On Wabigoon

I had the same weather and mayflies on my trip two weeks ago. We also had outrageous winds.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)