Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Ski smashed my hellhound but....

Message Subject: Ski smashed my hellhound but....
BaddFish
Posted 7/27/2009 1:01 PM (#390686)
Subject: Ski smashed my hellhound but....

No hooks in it! The fish was 30-35 came out of no-where to smash it 10ft from the boat. I had no chance of reacting... I know fish hit baits from the middle but I can't believe it smashed it perfectly between the hooks without getting hooked!?
I think the fish was stunned that it was a lure cause he paused for a second and stared at it after letting it go... it was kinda humorous.
I'll keep this in mind when I start making my own..

On another note- I did get my first topwater fish on a jackpot! A little guy but still fun!
Roughneck1860
Posted 7/27/2009 3:25 PM (#390723 - in reply to #390686)
Subject: Re: Ski smashed my hellhound but....

I had almost exactly the same thing happen on a 8" Smutly Dog glide bait about two weeks ago. A fish in the low to mid 40"s hit the bait about 1/2 a cast out and missed it, chased it all the way back the boat then hit it again about 6ft out. I could see the bait in the fishes mouth belly side out and all three hooks hanging with none touchin' meat. I reefed hard and pulled the bait out then just let it hang there. The fish turned and crushed it just about swallowing it that time. Probably one of the coolest strikes I've seen in 25yrs of Muskie fishin'

Good Fishin'
Tim
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)