Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> 2 questions. need help!

Message Subject: 2 questions. need help!
Posted 7/23/2009 6:29 PM (#390135)
Subject: 2 questions. need help!

1. i just recently bought an undertaker and it looks like an awesome bait, but im just not sure how to work it. is it still effective if the nose pops out of the water occasionally? cause that kept happening to me. any suggestions on how i should be working the bait?

2. anyone out there ever put a front treble on a Llungen DC-9? like a cowgirl has a front treble. or does it not need it?

thanks!
ToddM
Posted 7/23/2009 6:34 PM (#390137 - in reply to #390135)
Subject: RE: 2 questions. need help!

If the undertaker is popping out of the water then you are working it too hard. That by no means to say you will not catch a fish that way. Another thing to consider with a smaller lighter glider is the leader. Use a lighter straight wire, say 124 or 174lb straight wire. The cool thing about an undertaker is that once you get it right, you can make it do a few little tricks and control the up and down and side to side, kind of hard to explain but it is a really good bait once you learn it well.

As far as the bucktail, I have caught fish on the front treble. I also put a sinker on that split ring to keep the body spin to a minimum.
Muskerboy
Posted 7/23/2009 6:41 PM (#390141 - in reply to #390137)
Subject: Re: 2 questions. need help!

Very little taps with the undertaker, I had the same problem when I first got it takes some time to learn it. I would personally add a front treble to the tail also. The reason there is not a front treble is that they were worried about it taking out some eyes on the fish.
Biddler2
Posted 7/24/2009 12:13 PM (#390284 - in reply to #390135)
Subject: Re: 2 questions. need help!

I put a front treble on my DC-9's and didn't like the way it tangled in the skirt material so I removed it. It sounds like alot of guys end up with fish hooked deep with the rear treble on the big blades so I'm not sure if it's needed.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)