Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> St. Croix Premier 8'6"XH and 8'H

Message Subject: St. Croix Premier 8'6"XH and 8'H
SCP
Posted 7/10/2009 10:12 PM (#388032)
Subject: St. Croix Premier 8'6"XH and 8'H

Has anyone had a chance to throw these two rods? I am looking for a rod with a lot of backbone that will be able to throw Suicks, Weagles, and gliders (needs to be good backbone to make them "snap" glide, i.e., be able to throw lots of slack back at the bait). BUT, since I don't use the foregrip and just palm the reel, the rod should be light enough to not wear me out in 20 minutes.
allegheny river kid
Posted 7/10/2009 10:46 PM (#388040 - in reply to #388032)
Subject: Re: St. Croix Premier 8'6"XH and 8'H

I have the 8H that i bought over the winter. I've been using it alot, it will definitely throw the baits your looking to throw. Ive been throwing dbl 10s with it and mag dawgs without much problem, although there are probably better rods for it this works for me.
mseybert
Posted 7/11/2009 6:42 AM (#388061 - in reply to #388032)

I have the 8'6" and really like it. It will throw the baits mentioned very well. In fact I highly recommend it for those applications. However, it is a heavier rod. You can use it for a long time, but as soon as y ou pick up one of your lighter rods, you realize how heavy it is, and may hesitate to pick it up at the end of the day.

How about we give them a grade
Performane A
weight B-
esoxfly
Posted 7/11/2009 9:10 AM (#388078 - in reply to #388032)

I have the 8H as well and it's a great rod. I've got a MI rod for my Dawgs, but my St. Croix throws everything else.
Windburn
Posted 7/11/2009 3:00 PM (#388104 - in reply to #388032)

I just got a 8'6 XH, throws everything great, definitely put a rod balancer on it though. Wouldn't be my first choice for throwing weagles though, I like those broomsticks for some reason with a weagle.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)