Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> big daddy

Message Subject: big daddy
mnmusky101
Posted 7/4/2009 12:07 AM (#386984)
Subject: big daddy

Has anyone used the big daddy by muskie mayhem? I want to get a jerkbait that will get down to that 10 foot range. Overall i just wanted to know if you think that it is worth buying.
also what are some other jerkbaits that get down pretty deep that you would recommend.
whit65
Posted 7/4/2009 9:26 AM (#386995 - in reply to #386984)
Subject: RE: big daddy

Big Daddy is a nice bait, well made and the lexan lip on the front makes it more durable and consistent than bobbies or Suicks. Also goes quite a bit deeper, especially if you get a weighted one. I'd recommend adding a JoMusky weight insert to it, even the weighted one. They'll go down about 8-10 feet I think on a faster retrieve. like Suicks and Bobbies, play with the tail to get the action and depth that you want.
kyle@bigwoodmuskylur
Posted 7/6/2009 12:56 AM (#387243 - in reply to #386984)
Subject: Re: big daddy

Love the Big Daddy's. The lil' Daddy's might get just a bit deeper and have a slower rise, simply because there is less wood so it's less buoyant. Another good choice for getting deep with jerkbaits is a sinking jerkbait like the Lundberg Stalker. It's a nice side to side bait that has a slow sink rate. You'll have to count it down to get it where you want it. I've got plenty of all of these baits in stock...
Baby Mallard
Posted 7/6/2009 10:12 AM (#387269 - in reply to #386984)
Subject: RE: big daddy

If you plan on ripping the big daddy, you will need a very specific rod. I'm not sure what kind of rod that is, but I know I don't own it. It pulls so hard it will wear you out in 15 minutes trying to work it hard. It's probably double the work of throwing a pounder dawg IMO.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)