Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> music

Message Subject: music
whit65
Posted 4/22/2009 3:31 PM (#373664 - in reply to #373659)
Subject: Re: music

yeah just about any music on the water will keep me away. Last fall on Cave Run, early AM with mist on the water, not another boat or human in site, beautiful. Just about ten minutes after I settle into a nice shoreline to cast here comes a boat cruising slowly into the bay, they go in deeper to the bay than I am, towards the back. They wave and ask how I'm doing as they putt by, and I see by their gear they're bass fishing. I tell them not much, just got here. They settle in about 100-150 yds away from me and then all of a sudden they hit the music and BAM, beautiful morning ruined, beautiful spot ruined, that is unless I want to listen to Kid Rock at 6:25AM. Nice. Music is fine and I think everyone deserves the right to listen to what they want when they want, but how about a little courtesy? Sound really travels across still water boys. I'm sure they thought that they were doing me a favor by laying their awesome musical taste on me. I honestly don't understand the need to listen to music while fishing since I, like most other humans in America, am bombarded on a minute by minute basis in my life by images and sounds from ads, music, television, etc. In this day and age, a person has to really try if they want to get away from all of this. It's tough to escape. For me, it's mighty nice to get out there and just "be in it" without influence from man-made society. Maybe I'm weird. Maybe there's no maybe to it....
jay lip ripper
Posted 4/22/2009 4:16 PM (#373672 - in reply to #373281)
Subject: Re: music

let jimi take over...
Lundbob
Posted 4/22/2009 6:17 PM (#373691 - in reply to #373281)
Subject: RE: music

Rush...Tool...Metallica....Muskies...That makes for a great day.
Jim Munday
Posted 4/22/2009 7:26 PM (#373705 - in reply to #373691)

I think we've gut us any thread going here that could be rightfully placed in the "funny" section of the forum!

The music I like to hear in my boat is the sound of my drag burning up and big hooks rattling! (A Loon call in the background makes for cool accompaniment.)
niel
Posted 4/23/2009 8:32 AM (#373793 - in reply to #373281)

Every self respecting muskie angler listens to Niel Young's "Cowgirls in the Sand"
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)