Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Preserving Green Bay's Future

Message Subject: Preserving Green Bay's Future
Grass
Posted 4/22/2009 12:19 PM (#373622 - in reply to #372361)
Subject: RE: Preserving Green Bay's Future

How many fish were stocked in the three lakes? How many do they estimate will reach maturity? Will this be enough fish to get the genetic diversity the dnr would like for a healthy stocking program?

Thanks,
Grass
tcbetka
Posted 4/22/2009 3:21 PM (#373660 - in reply to #373622)
Subject: RE: Preserving Green Bay's Future

There were nearly 1200 fish stocked in total, although I am not certain of the numbers into each lake. You might want to call David Rowe for that, as he's the biologist in charge. Shane Mason might be able to help you as well. But I haven't heard an estimate on how many they think will reach sexual maturity--but I do know that the size limit on those three lakes will be increased to 50", if it isn't there already. I am not familiar with the lakes, so Shane (or David Rowe) can answer that better than I.

As to the issue of genetic diversity, I believe that I was told that they intend to stock more fish into these lakes in the future. In other words, I don't believe these fish are all that will be stocked. Of course given the problems they had getting these...one never knows.

TB

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)