Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Canada Lake Maps

Message Subject: Canada Lake Maps
A Rod
Posted 3/23/2009 5:31 PM (#367903)
Subject: Canada Lake Maps

Anyone know where I can find a "good" map of the Clearwater/Pipestone chain in Ontario, checked all the "good" providers like Lake Master and Sportsman Connection but cant seem to find anything. Am I going to be stuck with a resort map?
VMS
Posted 3/23/2009 6:21 PM (#367909 - in reply to #367903)
Subject: Re: Canada Lake Maps

yep...

brmusky
Posted 3/23/2009 8:13 PM (#367939 - in reply to #367903)

I haven't looked for that particular map but there are usually some pretty decent Ontario Hydro maps available. They are somewhat hard to find on the internet but the good bait shops sell them up there.
VMS
Posted 3/24/2009 4:42 PM (#368101 - in reply to #367903)

Last time I was at the pipestone clearwater chain, there was not a hydrographic map at all. The only thing I had to go off of was the hand drawn map that I got at trails end resort where I stayed. Not much to go on, so a good GPS was definitely a nice thing to have, which allowed me to navigate around and know where to get back to if I somehow got turned around.

Unless lakemaster or navionics has been there, I would bet all you will get to go from is a resort hand-drawn map...

What you might want to consider is getting a subscription for google earth that may allow you to zoom in a bit further than the free version (unknown...just speculating on that one). If that is the case, you could, with some time make your own map that would also show reefs, and some rock outcroppings since the system is a clear water system...

Something to think about at least...

Steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)