Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Soild Wire or 2 pcs Split Wire or Flex Wire BuckTails

Message Subject: Soild Wire or 2 pcs Split Wire or Flex Wire BuckTails
PIKEMASTER
Posted 3/19/2009 8:02 AM (#367007)
Subject: Soild Wire or 2 pcs Split Wire or Flex Wire BuckTails

What are the pros and cons for a soild wire { DCG 13 style }, 2 piece { GlitterTail 13 style } , or a flexible wire { Muskie Metal Bucktails } Bucktails?????? Do the solid wire baits give more vibration ??? I used the flexible wire bucktails last year and like how they moved in the water. I hate a soild wire bucktail, bending it back, but before I switch over I want to know pro's and con's.

Edited by PIKEMASTER 3/19/2009 8:52 AM
Posted 3/20/2009 1:44 PM (#367304 - in reply to #367007)
Subject: RE: Soild Wire or 2 pcs Split Wire or Flex Wire BuckTails

Never heard about one having more vibration than another.....
PIKEMASTER
Posted 3/20/2009 2:00 PM (#367308 - in reply to #367007)

I know a lot of guys will only use 51 wire on there D10 - 13 because they say it will give off my vibration then 62 wire. I like the 2 pcs Bucktails or the flex wire ones, Mepps are 2 pcs and look how many muskies have been caught on them.
esoxaddict
Posted 3/20/2009 2:19 PM (#367316 - in reply to #367007)
Subject: Re: Soild Wire or 2 pcs Split Wire or Flex Wire BuckTails

I suppose the might give off a different vibration, or a different sound, maybe some difference in the way they stimulate the lateral line. As for one being "better" than the others, I'd bet that there are times when each one would be the best choice. Subtle differences sometimes are key.

Other advantages: The two piece versions, like the big Eagle Tails, are much easier to store in Plano 3700 boxes. I'm not wild about having to straighten the solid wire versions out time after time, but then if they're doing their job and catching fish, replacing them is a small price to pay.
Dave Williamson
Posted 3/22/2009 6:56 PM (#367682 - in reply to #367007)

Once you hook the fish, it does not have is much torque when it is head shaking with a jointed lure.I also like the joint when I have a following fish I will give the rod a rip and it makes the skirt unit change direction, it helped make those fish following from a distance nail the lure before I have to figure Oval. You are also able to mix and match blade and skirt units. I like using bigger blades at night, so I just put on the #12's it only takes a second. Glittertails now have the 12 's in any color pattern you would like. I will have them at the Musky Stalker Booth at the Minn Expo in two weeks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)