Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> firetiger flashabou

Message Subject: firetiger flashabou
mseybert
Posted 12/28/2008 1:00 PM (#351844)
Subject: firetiger flashabou

I may be too picky but I am looking for a double 10 with orange, yellow and green magnum flashabou and painted orange and yellow .025 blades. The only ones I can find either have the really thin flashabou material or .040 blades. Both are ok in the right situation but not what I am looking for. Does anyone make one?
Posted 12/28/2008 1:22 PM (#351845 - in reply to #351844)
Subject: RE: firetiger flashabou

contact the original maker, Musky Mayhem or have them build it for you at one of the Musky Shows this winter.

Whenever you want something, it is always best to contact the maker of the bait you want and see if they can build it/make it for you.
Tackle Industries
Posted 12/28/2008 2:20 PM (#351854 - in reply to #351845)
Subject: Re: firetiger flashabou

I have that one but it has the 0.40" thick blades on it adn the skirt is not the "flashabou" brand. It is my D-20. Skirts look more gold but the gold kind of takes over in the photos.
http://www.gruntmuskielures.com/bigmuskiebucktails.html
I know Musky Mayhem can make you one up in a "flash" at the shows or maybe try to contact them via email too. I think they do customs for around $25 plus S/H if you are not going to go to a show.
Reef Hawg
Posted 12/28/2008 10:06 PM (#351942 - in reply to #351844)

In addition to the excellent options above, my friend Greg owns G.P. Thumper Tackle and makes the AC 10 to order, with any color flashabou, length, blade combo you'd like, at a great price. Please drop me an email or pm. I'll get you in touch with him, and send along some photos of similar lures, and fish caught on them.

Edited by Reef Hawg 12/28/2008 10:09 PM
jay lip ripper
Posted 12/29/2008 6:09 PM (#352060 - in reply to #351844)

if you are looking for TRUE firetiger colors i have never seen them anywhere. i dont think that they can make flash in them. sure there is a orange and green but not the brite vivid colors like firetiger. if there was i am sure that they would be on the market just like almost every other bait that. silcone or rubber skirts do come in firetiger so try that if you havent yet. the closest i have seen for flash is the "perch" color. good luck!
PredLuR
Posted 12/30/2008 12:21 PM (#352183 - in reply to #351844)

I havent found the heavy flashabou in orange or yellow but what I have done to replace this is they do have the regular pearl flashabou that is much thicker and stronger than the regular. I have used the orange, yellow, and greens pearls to make a firetiger/perch color that has a lot of sparkle and looks good. You can find the pearl stuff online at most saltwater shops, they have all kinds of colors so go nuts.

Rollie and Helens sells the metallic blades in a chartruse and green. The chartruse comes off pretty close to yellow. I will post a pic later on to show you.
Jason Bomber
Posted 12/30/2008 1:06 PM (#352191 - in reply to #352183)

I know its not flashabou, but these big mama's have very productive for me at times. My largest last year, and countless others ate the white/nik last year for me. I think this firetiger looks sweet!
Worth looking anyway.
http://figure8lurecompany.com/BigMama.html
dtaijo174
Posted 12/31/2008 8:52 AM (#352282 - in reply to #351844)

I don't think they make orange or yellow. These are the only colors I know of.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(colors.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments colors.jpg (24KB - 164 downloads)
dtaijo174
Posted 12/31/2008 8:54 AM (#352283 - in reply to #351844)

what you might want to try is going with a regular fire tiger pattern and add flashabou accents. Just a suggestion.
Hammskie
Posted 12/31/2008 9:20 AM (#352288 - in reply to #351844)

Hedron makes a pretty wide range of new colors in their new Magnum Flashabou, including a rusty orange color and a pretty nice holo green as well... I know they make holo gold, but not sure about yellow. Thorne Brothers carries the full line. They also carry pre-tied skirts in iridescent orange and green, which look phenomenal when mixed w/ the holo flashabou. Check 'em out.

Andy

Edited by Hammskie 12/31/2008 9:33 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)