Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Dunwright Hard Lure Eyes

Message Subject: Dunwright Hard Lure Eyes
tmag
Posted 12/14/2008 7:48 PM (#349808)
Subject: Dunwright Hard Lure Eyes

Hey All,

Those of you familiar with Dunwright lures probably know that in the beginning, the hard baits had very unique eyes.

To my surprise, I recently noticed that these eyes have been changed to a standard 3-D eye.

I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on this?

For example:

Has anyone noticed any change in the effectiveness of the baits?

Has anyone noticed any difference in fish behavior towards the baits under certain circumstances?

Etc., etc.

Does anyone like the standard 3-D eyes better than the original eyes or vice versa?

Thanks
Tackle Industries
Posted 12/14/2008 8:46 PM (#349829 - in reply to #349808)
Subject: Re: Dunwright Hard Lure Eyes

I don't think eyes matter much. I know the bass guys will swear by the trout eyes (tear drop) though. Is that what the Dunwright eyes looked like (trout)?
Posted 12/15/2008 1:41 PM (#349931 - in reply to #349808)
Subject: RE: Dunwright Hard Lure Eyes

Well, to say that eyes don't matter, I'm not sure would be that accurate. Let us consider that some fish actually have markings on the side which imitate larger eyes in an effort to avoid being a prey item.

I'm most interested in those who have used these Dunwright baits a fair amount and how they feel about the change in eyes.
Fish Fry Guy
Posted 12/16/2008 11:24 PM (#350169 - in reply to #349931)

I have both "eye" styles of Dunwright's baits, either way they both catch fish. I'd have to say I'm more partial to the clear eye style (see through style) but that may be because of my own confidence in it? On that note though, when you look at the clear eye *see through* style, it really looks like a Walleye eye to me. I like ripping those things along a weedline in neighborhood lakes around me where Walleye's roam the weeds *and not the rocks*. That is where I gained the confidence factor. But in short, in my experience both styles will put fish in the boat and have for me.
Posted 12/17/2008 9:24 AM (#350185 - in reply to #349808)

Eyes don't matter AT ALL. The have ZERO effect on whether a fish eats your lure or not.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)