Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Advice on Map Create or Nav Planner

Message Subject: Advice on Map Create or Nav Planner
ranger6
Posted 8/12/2008 9:28 PM (#331168)
Subject: Advice on Map Create or Nav Planner

I know I saw a post at some time regarding Map Create software, but I can not locate it.

I am looking for advice on PC software that will allow me to manage/organize my GPS data points easily. Any advice from current users would be appreciated.

I read some where that Map Create can be cumbersome, and Navionics Nav Planner was a little more user friendly. Any recomendations?
veha45
Posted 8/13/2008 9:41 AM (#331224 - in reply to #331168)
Subject: RE: Advice on Map Create or Nav Planner

What are your goals with the software. when I bought the NavPlanner software, my goal was to be able to break down my waypoints on the software and put it back on the chip in a way other then deleting the ones that I didn't want manually. There really wasn't a way to do it, so I ended up purchasing the mapcreate software. I figured out how to do it on mapcreate after about 8 hrs of messing with it. The downfall is that when done, you only have the generic blue symbol and the icons cannot be broken up.

The NavPlanner software was designed to let you look at your Navionics chip on your computer and make routes and waypoints on it. Mapcreate was really meant more for land and roads as opposed to lakes.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)