Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> new bait

Message Subject: new bait
esox69
Posted 7/12/2008 12:35 AM (#326117)
Subject: new bait

just got a new lure i ordered from roger at H20 tackle, the Hardhead, and wow is it nice! a hybrid with a solid front body with a rear plastic tail, it gives incredible action that you can tune to your taste or situation. the direction on the sickle tail can be positioned up or down, varying the action. also you can use as is, or add screw-in weights to either the front or back of the body, depending on how/how deep you want it to fall. hard to explain, but the options on how this bait can be worked are impressive- got to their site to get a better idea. maybe someone can post a pic for me, having trouble... and i'm not linked to H20, just wanted to share... thanks, steve

http://www.h2otackle.com/hardhead.shtml

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(hardhead_003.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments hardhead_003.jpg (97KB - 107 downloads)
pamuskyhunter
Posted 7/12/2008 9:30 AM (#326127 - in reply to #326117)
Subject: Re: new bait

Just watched the video on the site and that thing looks amazin in the water. I will be etting one of those for sure.
CiscoKid
Posted 7/15/2008 6:48 AM (#326454 - in reply to #326117)
Subject: RE: new bait

This truely is a very versatile lure. As mentioned you have different options on lure set-up. Running with a tail up will give the lure a very nice wobble on a straight retrieve. You lose the wobble with the tail running down, but this allows you to work the bait with a more pronounced nose up rip/nose down drop. A more aggresive presentation. Mixing and matching weights on the front and back allows you to fine tune the baits action, how fast it drops, and how it drops (tail down, nose down, horizintal with a wobble).

I love the ability to swap out tails. I have an all black that I run that way, but will also throw on an orange, white, and yellow tail. Besides the ability to swap out tails depending on lake and conditions you can also change the tail when that 16" pike nabs it on you!

The best part about this bait however isn't it's versatility and durability, but it's hooking ability. The hard head allows you to get good hookups, and we are finding that the fish just plain eat the bait. You better make sure you have a good long nose pliers (or Hook pick), Bolt Cutters, jaw spreaders, and extra hooks on hand when fishing the bait.

Roger continues to put out some great baits, but this gem has got to be his best! Great work Roger! My wife hates you for coming out with this bait!
BruceKY
Posted 7/15/2008 6:32 PM (#326588 - in reply to #326117)

Very interesting, I have been making some very similar baits. Mine have more of a bulldawg profile. They give you the best of a hardbait and plastic lure in one. I will have them at the Vermilion outing if anyone is interested in looking at them. Don’t plan on selling them though. I wish the best of luck to H20 tackle with their hardhead.

Bruce

(DSC_0001.jpg)

(bd4b.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC_0001.jpg (95KB - 100 downloads)
Attachments bd4b.jpg (37KB - 109 downloads)
Grass
Posted 7/17/2008 3:26 PM (#327006 - in reply to #326588)

I can also vouch for the efectiveness of the Hardhead. My fishing partner caught a nice 46" musky last Sat about 20 mins after we launched the boat. Black body with black tail. The fish just engulfed the bait and we had to cut out both hooks.

Grass,
PEteacher44
Posted 7/17/2008 3:44 PM (#327010 - in reply to #326117)
Subject: Re: new bait

I picked up a Hardhead at the Blaine show......Just got it wet yesterday....I had a follow from a 32-34 incher but no takers yet.

Travis K - ARe you retrieving the Hardhead similar to a Dawg? Using it on deep breaks and open water? Any other tips to using this lure?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)