Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> E-mail Notifications

Message Subject: E-mail Notifications
lambeau
Posted 2/26/2008 4:00 PM (#303978)
Subject: E-mail Notifications

since the site upgrade, i've had a number of people ask about e-mail notifications. it looks like the process reset people's notifications to the defaults, so if you want to get emails about thread updates or private messages you'll need to change your preferences.

to do so:

click on "Control Panel" in the dark gray menu bar towards the top of the page.
about 3/4 of the way down, in the left-hand column are a number of drop-down box selection lines.

find: "Receive email notifications by default?" this is probably set to "use default BBS settings"...the default is no, so if you want an email alert regarding replies to your posts, change this to "yes".

find: "Receive e-mail notifications when someone sends you a private message?" this is probably set to "no". if you want email alerts when someone sends you a private message, change this to "yes".

and you'll probably want to review the rest of your preference settings as long as you're already there!
mikie
Posted 2/27/2008 6:27 AM (#304091 - in reply to #303978)
Subject: Re: E-mail Notifications

I'm still having trouble with this, sorry. I don't want to get e-mails about replies to my posts, so I had the BBS default setting, but under it I've checked YES to receiving e-mail notices of PM's and I'm still not getting them. Missed about 6 so far. thanks for any help, m
ESfishOX
Posted 2/27/2008 10:43 AM (#304129 - in reply to #304091)

Lambeau, my settings carried over from the upgrade. I went into control panel and turned them off, saved settings, turned them back on, and saved settings again. No change.

Mike
MuskieFIRST
Posted 2/27/2008 10:44 AM (#304130 - in reply to #304129)

It should be working now. Let us know.

Zach
ESfishOX
Posted 2/27/2008 10:46 AM (#304131 - in reply to #304129)

it is! Thanks, Mike
mikie
Posted 2/27/2008 1:43 PM (#304177 - in reply to #303978)

Whoo-hoo! Thanks so much, Zach, I just got a notification. I can go back to buying more baits now. m
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)