Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Buy , Sell, and Trade -> Trade- Single for Dual handle for C60

Message Subject: Trade- Single for Dual handle for C60
gus_webb
Posted 2/1/2008 1:31 PM (#298201)
Subject: Trade- Single for Dual handle for C60

I have a single power handle for an Abu Garcia Ambassadeur Record 60 HC that I would like to trade for the standard dual handle...

So here's the story: I had an older 6600 that I sent in to Pure Fishing to get repaired... it was having issues. Pure Fishing offered me a Record 60 at a lowered price as an option to repairing my reel. Seemed like a good idea- the price they were offering was good, and the reel sounded great, so I went with it. Just got the reel delivered yesterday, and to my surprise it had one of those power-handles on it.

I'm personally not a fan of them. So I called Pure Fishing to see if I could exchange the handle, and they would only exchange the entire reel... they would send me the regular C60 instead of the High Capacity. The only thing they would do was sell me one of the regular dual handles FOR $30. No... thanks, but no. The lady I spoke with said that a lot of people who buy the regular 60 often call in to buy the power handle, while people buying the HC often call in for the regular one. I told her to give them my phone number. She laughed.

So now I'm hoping somewhere out there is someone on the other side- did you purchase a Record with the dual handle, while pining for the power guy? I hope so- then we could swap. I don't want to throw another $30 into this, when all I really wanted was my old reel fixed. Help, please.
Fisher
Posted 2/1/2008 2:31 PM (#298230 - in reply to #298201)
Subject: RE: Trade- Single for Dual handle for C60

Does the dual handles from the 6600C3 or the reels previous to the record, work on the records, if so I have several around that you could have, just pay shipping or we could trade?
Thanks
PEteacher44
Posted 2/1/2008 2:39 PM (#298233 - in reply to #298201)
Subject: Re: Trade- Single for Dual handle for C60

If that power handle (on your 60HC fits a regular 6500c3....I have a 2 paddle gator grip I'd trade ya' for your power handle?
gus_webb
Posted 2/1/2008 2:46 PM (#298234 - in reply to #298201)

Yeah... that's part of the problem. I'm not sure if the other paddle handles will fit or not. I'll have to dig out my other 6600 and check before anyone starts sending anything anywhere.
But I guess my ideal is to get the actual handle for the C60... I have to say, they look pretty cool.

Edited by gus_webb 2/1/2008 3:18 PM
reelman
Posted 2/1/2008 4:51 PM (#298269 - in reply to #298201)

FYI all Abu handles use the same size hole in the handle in the 4xxx, 5xxx, and 6xxx sizes. The only ones that will not work are the ones for the 7, 9, and 10000's.

Gus, by chance will you be at the MIlwaukee musky show next weekend?
erico
Posted 2/1/2008 8:10 PM (#298318 - in reply to #298269)

Carl,

I've got a Record 60 in the box with the std handle that could use a power handle!! So...let's trade 'em. Either send me a PM with your address or email me at [email protected]

Eric

Edited by erico 2/1/2008 8:11 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)