Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> dog in the boat

Message Subject: dog in the boat
Kingfisher
Posted 12/29/2007 11:25 AM (#290906 - in reply to #290485)
Subject: RE: dog in the boat

Check this out, This is a page from my Bichon Frise website. Fisher Price is our Male Bichon Frise. He goes Musky fishing with us and is very hook wise and never messes in the boat. He likes the livewell and uses it like Television. My wife puts a couple of perch in there and he has a ball trying to catch them.

Now this will be hard to believe but this dog will watch a bobber and whine when it starts going under. As God is my whitness Fisher price watches the live bait rig when we are musky fishing. There is a picture of him watching a bobber. He watches the hole when we are ice fishing and knows when one of us gets a bite. He also sees follows and gets excited when they come up to boat. Enjoy, Kingfisher http://www.kingfisherbichons.com/fish2.html
Shane Mason
Posted 12/29/2007 7:35 PM (#290961 - in reply to #290829)

Jomusky - 12/28/2007 5:46 PM

I keep my Chesie (Mercury) on the leash around the front seat post. It has worked very good for 10 years.

Mercury is one hell of a water skier too. My first Mercury moment I will never forget, I really though you killed him that day Joe. But he pops back in the boat looking like he wanted to do that again.

Edited by Shane Mason 12/29/2007 7:37 PM
tuffy1
Posted 12/31/2007 10:43 AM (#291162 - in reply to #290832)
Subject: Re: dog in the boat

I love taking Palo the wonder pup out with us. He definitely likes when people are in the boat. Just ask the dude. If you are going to keep them leashed at first, definitely do it on a short leash so they can't jump out. Found this out the hard way, as mine jumped out when he was younger and wrapped the leash around his leg. That's and expensive vet bill to get the tendon re attached. Good thing it didn't wreck him for life.

He loves smelling the 'skis and could care less for the "incidental" fish that hit the boat.

I don't have any pics on my work puter, but will find some when I get home. Now he just sits and watches the baits come in. Very good in the boat, but definitely keep the hooks out of reach. He found one this year that I though would be fine hanging in the front. Oops. He took it better than I did though. I was a tad freaked. The bait found its way in a good spot though and I cut it out quick with the help of Lazer.

Cool pup pics above. I can also attest to Mike's lab. She's an awesome boat dog. Even runs behind the boat to the launch and home at times.
JRedig
Posted 1/18/2008 11:31 PM (#294930 - in reply to #290485)

Great thread guys! I've got a weird odd-couple that come with me in the boat. A jack russell terrier and an Akita. Here's a pic of a little ski that they were both VERY interested in! Both will bail overboard after a fish if it's splashing about, makes for very entertaining times on the water!!

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(42 muskie 002 (2).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 42 muskie 002 (2).jpg (99KB - 134 downloads)
Dave VanDoorn
Posted 1/19/2008 3:16 PM (#295017 - in reply to #290832)
Subject: Re: dog in the boat

Hi

Great posts everyone.

Edited by DVD 1/19/2008 3:23 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)