Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> MatchFishing 2007 Finals!

Message Subject: MatchFishing 2007 Finals!
lambeau
Posted 10/7/2007 7:42 PM (#278497)
Subject: MatchFishing 2007 Finals!

the MatchFishing semi-final matches both took place on Saturday:

"Strange Days" (Jomusky and h2o2st) pulled out the win with a 42"er this weekend over "Therapy" (lambeau and dad) with both teams trolling up in Titletown.

"Musky Maniacs" (joe_m) squeeked a northern Pennsylvania 35.5"er over the line to beat the "Bad Koalas" (Slamr and esoxaddict) in Indiana.

congrats to Strange Days and Musky Maniacs for making the finals!
stay tuned for the final match...

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(matchfishing.jpg)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(match.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments matchfishing.jpg (134KB - 97 downloads)
Attachments match.jpg (51KB - 88 downloads)
lambeau
Posted 10/16/2007 9:07 PM (#279858 - in reply to #278497)
Subject: Re: MatchFishing 2007 Finals!

the Finals match showdown between Strange Days and the Musky Maniacs is this weekend!

Strange Days member Roger Watters boated a nice fish on the Fox River in WI to win the semi-finals match, then followed it up by placing in last weekends' Best of the Best tournament on the same water...will he help Strange Days make it three weekends in a row?

the Musky Maniacs have been consistently consistent. you just know they're going to boat something every time out. can they carry the trend through one last match?

what's your prediction?
stay tuned for results next weekend...
Jomusky
Posted 10/17/2007 5:17 AM (#279895 - in reply to #279858)

We knew we had the last match in the bag when Strange Days by the Doors came on the radio that day.

Notice there is a Joe on each team?

Haven't met a bad one yet. cept for me...I can be a bad influence.
lambeau
Posted 10/18/2007 8:21 PM (#280189 - in reply to #278497)

Good Joe vs Bad Joe...but which is which?
good luck Saturday, it's been a long road to get to the Championship!
lambeau
Posted 10/20/2007 6:43 PM (#280524 - in reply to #278497)

wow...with this kind of luck today, Strange Days might just be due for something better tomorrow!
crazy story.

will the Maniacs be able to overcome the mojo of their opponents?

We will be needing a change of luck from today for tomorrow. We had a figure 8 and C&R outing today and I popped my broken rib out on the waves on Shawano and could not make all day (Sitting here with ice on my Ribs). Jomuskys boat sunk(filled with water in less than a minute), he headed for shore with the trolling motor (his big motor would not run) as a couple of us started coming over (cell phones help for rescue purposes). One guy pulled him to the landing that was about 400yds away as I went looking for his stuff that floated out. He has the motor dryed out and running but still has not figured out where the leak is. We drained it and backed it in the water at the landing and the water runs in but can not see wear it is coming from. Guess we will be using my boat tomorrow.

Jomusky
Posted 10/20/2007 7:03 PM (#280528 - in reply to #280524)

Today has been the worst musky fishing day of my life.

Thankfully my dad, dog and myself came away from it with just wet feet.

One good thing I guess is, now I know the foam in my boat will keep it off the bottom.

5 gallons of water in one gas tank, 2 hour project. Still a bunch of time needed to spend on it to get it back water worthy.

Lost a few things that floated off too and couldn't find later...like a bag full of 6 planner boards and 8 rod holders. I wrote my name and number on the boards so wouldn't that be cool if someone returned them. I can't believe that it would have sunk with the boyancy of the boards.

I picked it off the tailer with the crane at work and found nothing wrong with the hull. I put it in the landing by my house and no water was leaking in. What I figure happened was the automatic bilge crapped out this week, there were 2-3 foot waves on Shawano and I didn't notice water getting in until it was too late and it came over the back of the boat. 2 full tanks of gas, 45 gallons doesn't help. Old bass boat, doesn't have much above the water line either. I have had it in much worse conditions many times with no problems in 11 years. I will be getting an electronic bilge switch and wiring two 1000 gallon/minute pumps to it now! I don't ever want to go through a day like this again. Good thing we were close to a landing, had friends on the lake and it wasn't any colder. Just yesterday I was 1.5 miles out on Green Bay in 3-4 footers. That could have been real bad!

If it wasn't for this match being scheduled I think Roger and I would both stay home and lick our wounds.
Reef Hawg
Posted 10/21/2007 7:43 AM (#280548 - in reply to #278497)
Subject: RE: MatchFishing 2007 Finals!

Good to hear you guys are alright Joe. Too bad your dog didn't lay any big logs on the front deck to keep the back end up for you. Make sure you mention your lost boards/holder bag to jeremy V. I'll do the same.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)