Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> gander mountain guide series.

Message Subject: gander mountain guide series.
Posted 9/23/2007 8:47 PM (#276188)
Subject: gander mountain guide series.

are the gander mountain guide series bait casting reels any good? how about the rods? thanks
Schuler
Posted 9/23/2007 9:16 PM (#276194 - in reply to #276188)
Subject: Re: gander mountain guide series.

The guide series reels are the same as the Pflueger Trions. And yes, they are great reels IME. The rods are pretty good as well. They have the easiest warranty out there.
MikeHulbert
Posted 9/24/2007 7:17 AM (#276223 - in reply to #276188)

My clients use the Gander Mountain reels with Calcutta TE handels on them, as the the original handles are WAY to small and WAY to short.

I really like these reels. I have blown up less Gander Mountain reels than I have Luna's and TE's.

curleytail
Posted 9/24/2007 10:22 AM (#276241 - in reply to #276223)

I've used the same GS 66 for most of the season last year and the entire season this year and have not had any problems with it. I just replaced the handle with a TE handle this weekend, and that sure is nice.

This year my go to rod was an 8' Gander Tournament Series rod. Works nice fro just about anything I have used it for. I don't think you'd want to throw Mag Dawgs with it, and I have never thrown a Double Cowgirl on it either. But it works a Weagle nice, throws bucktails well, and seems to have enough backbone to drive the hooks. Have only lost two fish this year that I had hooks in.

If getting an 8' rod I would get the Tournament series rod rated for 1.5-4 ounce baits rather than the other IM 8 rod. I think the other rod is rated for up to three ounce baits and seems to be a on the light side for anything but small bucktails.

curleytail
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)