Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Algoe Bloom in Morson

Message Subject: Algoe Bloom in Morson
Posted 8/28/2007 3:22 PM (#272139)
Subject: Algoe Bloom in Morson

Reading reports of the thick algae bloom coming in and in some areas that is true. however, after asking some "spotters" how the water clarity was in the Miles Bay area and hearing it was fairly green, I headed east towards the heart of Sabaskong and found it to be quite clear for this time of the year. You could pick up your bait quite a ways out and had a chance to see fish coming in, even if they were low and late.

The north wind has it fairly thick by the Morson area today. I may get out tonight and head up further into Miles Bay to find it blown away from the shores up there or try to the east again to see if I can get a hook into that mid 40 incher that closed and open it's mouth on my bucktail a couple of nights ago.

The wind creates areas of the lake that will be more clear than others, even in the time of thicker bloom. Just dont get frustrated. All you need to do is take a look at your map and consider which areas the wind will have been blowing clear with the way it's been blowing.

Labour Day Weekend will be exciting if people can land half the fish they caught last year.

Full moon tonight. I hope I can get a couple of hours to work with. If not, I may fish in the night. The cloud cover will need to break a little or it will be pitch black after sunset.
bazil
Posted 8/29/2007 10:48 PM (#272425 - in reply to #272139)
Subject: Re: Algoe Bloom in Morson

hey guest thanks for the updated report where are you based out of i will be staying at myliesplace this labor day weekend . so its nice to hear a current report. did you get up to miles then whats the water like up there ? I am bringing up the familly so was also wondering if anyone is getting any crappies or walleyes ? usually i dont fish them at all but i may get over ruled this weekend as far how much time i get to fish muskies
Posted 8/30/2007 12:31 PM (#272500 - in reply to #272139)
Subject: RE: Algoe Bloom in Morson

I did not make it to Miles Bay. Partly because the area I would have wanted to fish was getting hit by 15 MPH winds that would have had the algae piling up. Sunset area and below wasn't too bad when I was out Tuesday night. We found a fish on reef that ate a topwater getting retrieved just under the surface.

Went east again Wed night and found a fish again off a rockpile with a shelf. I lost sleep over that one last night. That might have been my chance for a hawg during the casting season. Water wasn't too bad for bloom again that way.

If you are staying at Mylie's, you wont be far from me. If you leave your email, I'll send you a note and maybe we can meet at the dock in the morning when I fuel up. I'm here through the weeked.

I keep trying to get Justin to post some reports because he gets to talk to more people than I ever would. I wont be around until later in October for some trolling if I get back at all this year. He would be able to keep you up to date throughout September and early October.
Obabikon
Posted 8/30/2007 8:54 PM (#272585 - in reply to #272139)

Miles bay is in good condition as far as the bloom goes. And big muskies are being caught in the area for sure!
bazil
Posted 9/4/2007 5:19 PM (#273246 - in reply to #272500)

guest sorry didnt read your post so didnt know to meet up with you send me your addy and i will email you ive told justin at mylies to give the forum reports many times i doubt that he will he got a post taken off so thats why i dont think he will give a report he fishes alot now to. was a tough weekend for us i dont like to fish in the kind of winds that were happening up there this weekend so didnt put alot of time on the water up there like i normally do lost a possible 50" class fish mon morning but she fell off and from the reports from the guests that were fishing alot it was a tough weekend with not much movement or caught fish did you get out this weekend at all ?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)