Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> any hot vermillion reports/baits

Message Subject: any hot vermillion reports/baits
guts
Posted 8/23/2007 3:09 PM (#271399)
Subject: any hot vermillion reports/baits

going for a week trip in two days staying on the west side probly gonna have one guy throwing big bucktails and one guy throwing suicks weeds rocks and weed/rocks is what we were gonna hit maybe a few other baits mixed in like bulldawgs spinnerbaits and other jerks and some topwater but whats hot and whats not out there

thanks in advance

guts

Edited by guts 8/23/2007 3:11 PM
Posted 8/23/2007 4:21 PM (#271412 - in reply to #271399)
Subject: RE: any hot vermillion reports/baits

i was there a few weeks ago on the west end, they were only hittin gliders. i was fishing dcgs for have of the week and didnt even raise a fish. then switched to a bulldawg raised a mid 50"s and next day hooked a 40lbs fish on reef hawg but it got off. also cought a few real nice pike on reef hawgs.
guideman
Posted 8/23/2007 4:50 PM (#271417 - in reply to #271412)
Subject: RE: any hot vermillion reports/baits

The west end has been real slow the last few weeks. My fish are coming for the most part on the real bright colors and large bucktails.

The topwater action has been a bit off this summer for some reason. The fish I have caught on top are all hitting fast moving prop baits.

The last 10 days on the east end have been hot. I'm moving fish on every kind of structure. Weeds and rock, islands in the mainlake, docks and boulders and in the neckdowns when the wind is blowing.

Some former clients of mine, boated 24 muskies last week on a variety of baits.
They caught a number of their fish after dark or right after sunset. The evening action has been way better than early in the morning.

Have a great week!!

"Ace"
guts
Posted 8/23/2007 9:52 PM (#271458 - in reply to #271399)
Subject: Re: any hot vermillion reports/baits

thanks guys
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)