|
|
| I'm looking for a rod for my dad to use that is capable of bucktail/cranks/surface. He has a bad shoulder, so it has to be a decent length to optimize the amount of time he can cast. He's not real fond of throwing baits that are heavy, so it can be a lighter duty rod. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
MJB |
|
| |
|
| MJB,
Seeing that he has a few Shady Tails laying around I'd recommend the St. Croix Premier 8' rod. It is light and has the length to help get the baits moving. I've used mine as a bucktail rod as well as a Jerkbait rod so it should do the job. The Aurora 8' Steve Worrall signature rod is a little bit stiffer and is a light rod as well. |
|
| |
|
| I could build you a custom st. croix for your dad to use if you'd like a rod w/a longer handle or something so he could use more of his upper body for fighting fish. If you're interested let me know.
My email is [email protected]
Woody |
|
| |
|
| Sounds like a light rod is in order. A st. croix avid, all star or a gapen rod would make good choices. |
|
| |
|
| Just came back from the Minneapolis Sprotsmans show. Had a Falcon Lowrider 7.5' Flippin stick in #8 power in my hands. Feels great. I am going to get one for bucktails myself. Seemed to be very light for its strength. $109.00 seems like a heck of a buy to me. Will be getting one or two of these from my local bait shop close to home.
Let Em Go...Let Em Grow.....Mike |
|
| |