Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Redwing Lodge Camping and dockage?

Message Subject: Redwing Lodge Camping and dockage?
VMS
Posted 4/15/2007 10:34 AM (#250837)
Subject: Redwing Lodge Camping and dockage?

Hello everyone,

Have a group set to go up for some walleyes and northerns June 14 - 19. Wondering how good the docks are in terms of chaffing on boat hulls. Are they protected? Do they get much wave action etc...

How are the camping facilities, shower house etc?

Thanks much

Steve
Cowboyhannah
Posted 4/15/2007 11:41 AM (#250841 - in reply to #250837)
Subject: RE: Redwing Lodge Camping and dockage?

Was up last summer. The lodge sits within a big bay and is fairly well protected from the wind. The docks are in great shape and have electric. I used bumpers for my boat and was fine.

Watch the rocks right near the landing just under the water.
Derrys
Posted 4/15/2007 10:32 PM (#250921 - in reply to #250837)
Subject: Re: Redwing Lodge Camping and dockage?

I stayed there a couple years ago. I did not camp, but I belive the facilities were just fine. A shower facility was available, and the people are great. Like some other resorts up there, I believe they charge to launch your boat, to dock your boat, and to pull out your boat. You may want to call ahead to find out those fees. You can also launch your own boat from the Gov't dock nearby. Have a great trip. I'm currently making arrangements to go to Red Wing in September.
esox50
Posted 4/16/2007 12:09 AM (#250927 - in reply to #250921)
Subject: Re: Redwing Lodge Camping and dockage?

Docks are great. Nice and long with good hook ups. Takes a very acute wind direction (and speed) to hit the docks in order to cause damage to boats.
muskyjim
Posted 4/16/2007 2:36 PM (#251024 - in reply to #250837)

I have camped there a couple of times in the last few years. Camp sites are nice, with electricity available. There was a small shower/restroom building for your use as well. Boat launch is not great, especially if you have a bigger boat. The government dock is a good option or pay them to launch your boat. Docks are good, just remember to point the bow of the boat towards the bay. They will charge you for daily dockage.

The other great thing with Redwing is that they are willing to share good information with you to provide safety and good fishing for their guests. It is a great place to stay at on Sab Bay.

Good luck!
sworrall
Posted 4/17/2007 10:06 PM (#251316 - in reply to #251024)

One of the best destinations on Sabaskong Bay.
VMS
Posted 4/18/2007 7:18 AM (#251351 - in reply to #251316)

Thanks everyone...

Our group is really looking forward to a trip this year. Hopefully we are able to get some good walleyes, and I can convince a few to try for muskies on opening day saturday..

Steve
Shep
Posted 4/18/2007 8:47 AM (#251365 - in reply to #251351)

I've been to Red Wing. Once. I won't go back. Nice lodging, but Mike yelled at my boy for playing pool in the lodge while they were eating dinner one night. I got yelled at by his mom for bringing a beer into the lodge. They launched my boat for me, when I insisted I was capable. I loaded it myself, but they tried to charge me $14 anyway. We had a lot of rain that week, and the camp site was flooded. The lodge closed at 8:00 PM. I got the impression they don't like drinking at all.

Lots of people have good things to say about Red Wing. I found them to be arrogant, pushy, and not so friendly. Just my experience.
muskie_man
Posted 4/18/2007 11:13 AM (#251396 - in reply to #251365)

Shep - 4/18/2007 9:47 AM

I've been to Red Wing. Once. I won't go back. Nice lodging, but Mike yelled at my boy for playing pool in the lodge while they were eating dinner one night. I got yelled at by his mom for bringing a beer into the lodge. They launched my boat for me, when I insisted I was capable. I loaded it myself, but they tried to charge me $14 anyway. We had a lot of rain that week, and the camp site was flooded. The lodge closed at 8:00 PM. I got the impression they don't like drinking at all.

Lots of people have good things to say about Red Wing. I found them to be arrogant, pushy, and not so friendly. Just my experience.

Yeah, we stayed there once and probably wont go back either. They way way way over charged us on a motor repair after we hit a rock with it! It really wasent that bad but they charged us in 4 figures right as we was walking out the door. They gave us a new camp boat that was in horrible condition and they didn't even want us to put the casting decks in it from the other boats. The owner told us the best path to take off from the dock was and to come find out his best path was inches away from underwater rocks. Some other things happened too but i dont need to mention them. This is just from my experience, others may be different.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)