Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Lake X

Message Subject: Lake X
Pointerpride102
Posted 4/9/2007 11:35 AM (#249811 - in reply to #249339)
Subject: Re: Lake X

My question is how would you go about regulating this (obviously it wont happen, but how would you if you could?). Are you implying that if a new lake name gets dropped on the boards that the moderators need to go look up the lake name, find out the size and if it falls under the small lake size limit they delete the post? Do you want a 'rule' that says you cant post a small lake name? Whose to say the people wont ignore that rule....if you dont think they will take a look at the recycle bin and see how many posts get tossed down there because they dont 'fit' the posting criteria of the site. There is no way to stop a person from posting a small lake x.
Tiger
Posted 4/9/2007 11:56 AM (#249812 - in reply to #249811)

hmm, when i looked at the lax big fish gallery, there are tons of fish caught at lake X,
WHERE IS LAKE X !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
j/k i dont mind sharing info as long as i get info in return. So far i have NO complaints about anyone on this site, everyone has been helpfull with any problems i have had so far.
Got Esox?
Posted 4/9/2007 9:09 PM (#249889 - in reply to #249339)

BEST ADVICE: I have a Lake X hidden in the wilderness, far from much of anything or anyone. A few know of it I am sure, thats ok, they deserve their slice of heaven too. But as a preventative measure, I simply do not tell anyone. Guess what, for 15 years it is still under wraps. So shutting up about a really good thing is your advice.
Tiger
Posted 4/10/2007 7:03 AM (#249912 - in reply to #249339)

thats even better advise, If you dont want anyone to know about it, Shut Up. people's mouths can be their own worst enemies.What kind of site would this be if I asked someone who lives near a certain lake whats the best times, baits, ect. ect. and they told me to pound salt ? I dont live near WI,MN or canada, i make a trip maybe once a year to those area's and what better way to find out what to use and take then to ask people who know the lake and fish it. I WOULD return the favor if someone from another state ask me about the lakes I fish. I Would rather see someone from somewhere else who KNOWS how to handle a muskie correctly, catch a fish and release it properly. then even my own fishing partner catch a 50 incher and kill it due to mishandling. I understand "honey holes" also. I used to have a few but with more and more pressure my holes became public fishing lakes...I dont own them so what can I do ?
ESOXER
Posted 4/11/2007 2:40 AM (#250085 - in reply to #249339)
Subject: RE: Lake X

Going back to the original post:

Lakes are for fishing, there is no such thing as "I am the ONLY one that knows"

Fishing is to be enjoyed, if you caught fish EVERY time you went, it would not be called fishing, it would be "catching".

If a person is so paranoid about a LakeX, it is obvious you would have to fish alone most of the time, and if you had a guest you would drive them nuts with your continous asking of them to not tell anyone. You would NOT be a good fishing partner!

Relax, take a deep breath, exhale, and live life as it is meant to be. We all get caught up in or quest for muskie, but to become emotionally disturbed is way beyond the realm of why we fish.

It's a sport and should be relaxing and enjoyable, along with frustrating and humbling, that is how it is meant to be.

I don't post often, but after reading this entire post I just had to comment.

I fish for the pleasure and enjoyment of the chase and as a test of my and others knowledge.

Edited by ESOXER 4/11/2007 4:09 AM
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)