Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Webster Lake

Message Subject: Webster Lake
Billy B
Posted 3/15/2007 1:29 PM (#244970)
Subject: Webster Lake

Is there any ice left after this warm snap?
jmuskieking
Posted 3/15/2007 2:17 PM (#244979 - in reply to #244970)
Subject: RE: Webster Lake

Still Frozen! The channel is a little over half open.
archerynut36
Posted 3/15/2007 3:12 PM (#244989 - in reply to #244970)
Subject: Re: Webster Lake

hey jeff and billy it wont be long all the lakes a litle south like manatu in rochester 30 miles south and palestine are open up all the way so i dont think it will be long.. keep the fingers cross for some rain a some wind and it will be open. we might be lucky and still have the iceout next weekend but maybee it will have to be moved a week....bill
Vince Weirick
Posted 3/16/2007 7:33 AM (#245108 - in reply to #244970)

Backwater is completely open. After going under the road in the tube the no wake area is also open. The ice starts right after the no wake zone ends.
Vince Weirick
Posted 3/18/2007 6:12 AM (#245421 - in reply to #244970)

Well, the ice wasn't completely off the lakes but it was good enough to boat 7 fish yesterday. Randy Bush, Tom Lang and I hashed it out and had a lot of fun This brings the boat total up to 60 fish for 2007! Tom had the biggest at 41", but Randy and I had a double 36.5 and 36. We had a limited aread to fish. Here are a couple pictures to enjoy...

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(double March 17 2007.jpg)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(tom 41 march 17 2007.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments double March 17 2007.jpg (87KB - 123 downloads)
Attachments tom 41 march 17 2007.jpg (63KB - 107 downloads)
Smokin Joe
Posted 3/18/2007 6:42 AM (#245423 - in reply to #244970)

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
thewal2
Posted 3/18/2007 8:05 AM (#245433 - in reply to #245421)

Vince Weirick - 3/18/2007 6:12 AM

Well, the ice wasn't completely off the lakes but it was good enough to boat 7 fish yesterday. Randy Bush, Tom Lang and I hashed it out and had a lot of fun This brings the boat total up to 60 fish for 2007! Tom had the biggest at 41", but Randy and I had a double 36.5 and 36. We had a limited aread to fish. Here are a couple pictures to enjoy...

Dude,

Do you want every person on the planet that fish for muskies to go to Webster?

Todays report should have been:

Ice is not completely off the lake, but it is fishable. Fish are active...good luck this season everyone and stick a fatty.

That is all you needed to say!
MuskieFIRST
Posted 3/18/2007 8:27 AM (#245438 - in reply to #244970)

On MuskieFirst people will always be free to post fishing reports about any and all waters.

We do encourage reports (especially from guides who choose to post) to go beyond the simple "here's some fish we caught" and to include some helpful tips to others on patterns, baits, general locations, etc.
Vince Weirick
Posted 3/18/2007 8:30 AM (#245439 - in reply to #244970)

Really no specific pattern. When I said limited area...that is what I meant...very limited.
Fish in shallow water.
Water is murky, use bright baits.
Dtrap
Posted 3/18/2007 5:45 PM (#245506 - in reply to #245433)

thewal2 - 3/18/2007 10:05 AM

Dude,

Do you want every person on the planet that fish for muskies to go to Webster?

Todays report should have been:

Ice is not completely off the lake, but it is fishable. Fish are active...good luck this season everyone and stick a fatty.

That is all you needed to say!

Get a life. You dont own webster lake and it is none of your business what or when Vince or anyone else posts about the fishing there. Everyone in the country knows about Webster already and can fish any time they want. It is wast of time posts like yours that cause trouble for all of the people on here that do their best to educate and inform the public about muskie fiahing. If you dont like it then dont come on the site anymore.
Vince thanks for the report and the pics. It is always great to see some fish being caught by a good fisherman. Dont let unintelligent posts stop you from helping all the people on here that appreciate every time you help out.
Dtrap
Vince Weirick
Posted 3/18/2007 6:07 PM (#245512 - in reply to #244970)

For those of you that know me, I do give out (specific) information quite frequently. All you have to do is ask me personally by email, or phone call. I also like to post on here...bragging? (yes) Promotion? (yes). But I also remember when I first started out. I loved hearing about others catching fish. Didn't matter if they were a guide, professional angler, novice, etc.

Yes, there are people that just don't get along and for some reason some of those express it here by blatant attacks. I have never, nor will ever make a negative remark about someone catching fish and posting about it. I think it is great that Webster and the surrounding lakes have made such an impact on the muskie fishing world.

The Indiana DNR has done a tremendous job in their stocking programs. If you want more muskies in more lakes...get more people to fish for muskies. This leads to increased $$$ spent in this area. This is relayed back to officials and when time comes around to stocking other lakes...guess what? Webster lake used to be the only lake stocked with muskies in Indiana...now look at it!

How can you over fish a lake that has 7000 muskies in that will only allow parking for 30 boats? I guess I didn't realize that those 30 boats catch 233 muskies each (lets say once a month?) to be overfished???

As Dtrap said...these aren't your fish. They are for everyone to enjoy. I just wish that some would be happy for others to catch fish. I would be totally happy if I never caught a single one and all my clients, friends, and others got them all...that is what this sport is about. I hope everyone (and I literally mean everyone) accomplishes what they set out to do this year in the muskie world. Good luck all!
Reelwise
Posted 3/18/2007 6:27 PM (#245518 - in reply to #245512)

Vince Weirick - 3/18/2007 6:07 PM
How can you over fish a lake that has 7000 muskies in that will only allow parking for 30 boats? I guess I didn't realize that those 30 boats catch 233 muskies each (lets say once a month?) to be overfished???

As Dtrap said...these aren't your fish. They are for everyone to enjoy. I just wish that some would be happy for others to catch fish. I would be totally happy if I never caught a single one and all my clients, friends, and others got them all...that is what this sport is about. I hope everyone (and I literally mean everyone) accomplishes what they set out to do this year in the muskie world. Good luck all!

Enough said, really.
thewal2
Posted 3/18/2007 7:01 PM (#245533 - in reply to #244970)

Id say something but I am sure it would get censored. God bless freedom of speech, now if I could only find it.
sworrall
Posted 3/18/2007 7:35 PM (#245544 - in reply to #245533)

This is a publication, not a personal soap box. We would welcome any fishing information you wish to share, answers to questions you wish to provide, or conversation you wish to contribute.

Past that, we have fairly stringent posting permissions that prohibit personal bashing, pointless arguing, vendettas, rude or untoward banter...you get the picture.

As was said, we welcome all fishing reports, including details and pictures.
dcates
Posted 3/19/2007 2:17 PM (#245722 - in reply to #245421)

Since when are there muskies in Webster?

Congrats to Vince, a newly elected Muskies, Inc. At large Director!
brandonschorle
Posted 3/19/2007 4:31 PM (#245762 - in reply to #244970)

I think you should be able to share any an all information on the lake that you want. You are a guide on the lake you are catching insane amounts of fish and if people dont get a chance to get out and fish that much you would be the PERFECT guide to hire. You are always on fish and we have spent many memorable days on the water. I dont understand why there are so many haters on this post. If you want to be able to share information on the lake you should be able to not everyone that goes out there catches fish you have to know what your doing well congratulations Vince Looking forward to fishing the Hoosier
WLMC
Posted 3/19/2007 10:06 PM (#245851 - in reply to #244970)

Webster is now open! Come join us for the Ice Out Challunge next weekend the 24th.

Pointerpride102
Posted 3/20/2007 8:50 PM (#246107 - in reply to #244970)

Dang it!!! Should have came down!
Dunlap
Posted 3/21/2007 5:12 AM (#246146 - in reply to #244970)

I was planning to stay here in Illinois to fish this weekend with my buddies, but after reading this post we are going to head to Webster. There is going to be 10 of us in 5 boats, so we will be bringing a good amount of money to the hotels and dining places in the area .....
Thank you for your honest and detailed report Vince !!

We all hope to see you on the water this weekend.

Viva La Internet ~ it makes us all into guides and we don't have to figure anything out on our own. We just have to read a couple sentences and we are as fish savy as an angler that has been working for years to figure things out !!!!
Vince Weirick
Posted 3/21/2007 7:47 AM (#246185 - in reply to #244970)

Dunlap,

Just remember that the Webster Lake Musky Club is hosting the ice out challenge Saturday. We normally have between 80-100 people fishing in it.

Thanks for the comments!
Posted 3/21/2007 8:44 PM (#246379 - in reply to #244970)

Yup if you come down put your cash into the tourney and sign your club up. Nice dinner to follow w/ good muskie comradery! Need to be a MI member to join in.
Dunlap
Posted 3/22/2007 5:03 AM (#246421 - in reply to #246379)

Vince,
Thank you for the heads up on the tournament this weekend. It won't effect all of us though. We plan to be parked in the parking lot way before the tournament boats get there.
If things go as planned we should have the first 5 or 6 spots in the lot.

We aren't going to fish the tournament because we don't want to be handicapped by the hours we can fish.
Hopefully we will all catch our first Indiana fish of 2007.
lunker
Posted 3/25/2007 5:08 PM (#247121 - in reply to #244970)

wasn't Vince using freedom of speech in his report.Thanks Vince,for the report.
Except now my wife's mad at you cause because i want to take her to webster
instead of the mall shoping.lol

Lunker1952
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)