Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Trolling with lead?

Message Subject: Trolling with lead?
Posted 1/28/2007 9:05 PM (#234752)
Subject: Trolling with lead?

Never tried trolling with weighted leaders or lead in front of leader. Any of you tried this technique to get baits deeper on the troll? What kind of action can I get with weight added to cranks or bucktails while trolling? I've put bell sinkers on jakes, grandmas, and believers, but what about lead to leaders or the line in front of the bait? What will happen?
LeMay
Posted 1/30/2007 3:04 PM (#235087 - in reply to #234752)
Subject: RE: Trolling with lead?

Yes it dose work very well. The weight size depends on how deep you want to take the lure down and the size of the lure. I can put a 3 oz weight on with a 6 ft leader with two feet of line out and run it just under the wash from the motor. I put over 50 fish in the net useing this last summer.

Thanks LeMay
woodieb8
Posted 1/31/2007 6:26 AM (#235223 - in reply to #234752)
Subject: RE: Trolling with lead?

excellent way to get more use out of baits. we use inline sinkers 5 feet ahead of the bait. remember use quality snaps and swivels on leaders. . using this metod and planer boards is un-equaled. also down rods. we use 1lb ball and 10-15 feet of line. another hot old method
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)