Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> WIreless Foot Pedal

Message Subject: WIreless Foot Pedal
Fisher
Posted 1/22/2007 7:53 AM (#233573)
Subject: WIreless Foot Pedal

Minn Kota Wireless Foot Pedal
This is a wireless remote-control foot pedal for use with any V2 Powerdrive, SP Riptide, Legacy Powerdrive or Legacy Riptide Powerdrive trolling motor equipped with the CoPilot remote operating system.

I bought my boat used with a 55PD minnkota, how do I know if I have a V2 Powerdrive or a Legacy Powerdrive?
I just purchased a co-pilot system and might want the foot pedal as a backup, not used to using the remote.

Anyone have any comments on this product?
Thanks
TJ DeVoe
Posted 1/22/2007 10:11 AM (#233593 - in reply to #233573)
Subject: RE: WIreless Foot Pedal

Well seeing that the Legacy Powerdrives are made specifically for Saltwater and is built for the rigors of Saltwater you more than likely just have a regular Powerdrive. One way you can tell if it is by chance a Legacy, it will be white in color, signifying salt walter. You also probably don't have a V2 seeing the V2 just came available in the last couple months. You probably have a previous year's model. If the trolling motor was purchased within I think the last 4 to 5 years ago you will be able to use the remote co-pilot but if the trolling motor is older than that, you might not be able to use the co-pilot, but I'm betting the trolling motor you have was purchased in the past couple years or earlier. The only way to clearly know if the motor is a V2 is that it will say V2 on the side of the mounting bracket. Otherwise, if it isn't a V2 it will just say Powerdrive on the side.

As for the co-pilot system, I do not own one but have heard a little about them and from those that I have heard, it works but longevity I really don't have a clue on. Hope this helps.

Edited by Merckid 1/22/2007 10:12 AM
esox masq
Posted 1/23/2007 7:06 PM (#233946 - in reply to #233593)
Subject: RE: WIreless Foot Pedal

I have had the Co-pilot for 4 years now, I took it off the origonal motor I put it on and moved it to my new motor. Hundreds and hundreds of hours, nothing replaced but batteries in the transmitters, once.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)