Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Question about gear strengths for reels

Message Subject: Question about gear strengths for reels
Nupe
Posted 1/20/2007 7:31 AM (#233302)
Subject: Question about gear strengths for reels

Ok, just curious on this one.
How does the strength of the gearing compare on different sized models of reels within the same series - for example, with Abu Garcia, an 5600 SSC3 vs. 6600 SSC3? Both have a gear ratio of 5.3:1, so I assume the gearing/strength of the gearing is the same?

I realize that some reel series have different (lower) gear ratios with larger reels (i.e. - Abu's Record series RCN40 and RCN50 are 6.3:1 and the RCN60 is 5.3:1; or Shimano's Cardiff has 5.8:1 on the smaller sizes, but 5.2:1 on the 400 size), so I am just curious what peoples' thoughts are on this - where the gear ratio is consistent/the same throughout the series like the following reels:
- Abu's C3s - 5.3:1
- Shimano Corvalus - 5.2:1
- Pflueger Trion/Gander Mt Guide Series - 5.2:1
- Okuma Induron - 5.1:1

Thanks!

Edited by Nupe 1/20/2007 7:52 PM
muskie! nut
Posted 1/21/2007 9:21 AM (#233451 - in reply to #233302)
Subject: RE: Question about gear strengths for reels

If I get your question right, you are asking if the same gearing of the same reel company, are the gears the same or do they use different (possibly stronger) gears for different models?

One way you can look for yourself is by looking at the schematics of each reel you wish to compare. If they have the same part number, they are the same gear(ing).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)