Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Help - Boat storage - year round

Reply New post
Message Subject: Help - Boat storage - year round
Johnny_B
Posted 1/6/2007 12:17 PM (#230378)
Subject: Help - Boat storage - year round

My garage is too small for just about any boat. I'm looking to find year round, accessible, in-door boat storage in the western Chicago suburbs. I'd like to be able to store a Ranger 619. So I need about 10x23 ft. Anybody have any suggestions? What do you guys do in a similar situation?

Thanks!

John
Luke_Chinewalker
Posted 1/7/2007 8:43 AM (#230485 - in reply to #230378)
Subject: RE: Help - Boat storage - year round

I was in your situation last year before I moved, also lived in the western burbs. I had an awesome location for winter storage I can turn you onto in West Chicago/Wheaton but I couldn't find any reasonable storage in the area year round. Try picking up the local papers, sometimes people offer their garage for rent in those (because the ad's are really cheap). Have you thought about expanding your garage to fit the boat? The cost of the work might be the same as paying the big storage facilities over a 3-5 year period.
Johnny_B
Posted 1/7/2007 11:45 AM (#230517 - in reply to #230378)

Thanks for the reply. My garage is attached and backs up to the family room. So, I can't really lengthen the garage. I'd like to get a Ranger but the only two that fit are the Angler 1760 and 617. Either of these boats have compromises (115 motor on the 1760 and typically a 125 on most used 617s) that I'd rather not make.

Thanks,

John
ESfishOX
Posted 1/7/2007 9:09 PM (#230618 - in reply to #230378)

can you expand the garage to the side? I had 7.5' that I could expand based on the setback restrictions, and then I expanded that extra room past the kitchen in my case. That being said, I recall a post about a tandem trailer being a challenge to pivot in what would be tight quarters. This is not necessarily a cheap option, but having the boat at home for me was well worth it.

When I stored my boat, I had to rent 12x25 because the 10' wide units had a 9' wide door.

Good luck.
FishHateMe
Posted 1/7/2007 9:17 PM (#230621 - in reply to #230378)

Luke - I'm curious as to where you stored your boat in western 'burbs and what you paid? I'm in a similar predicament...thanks.

Jeff
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)