Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Anyone ever been in a Tundra?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Anyone ever been in a Tundra?
lightning
Posted 12/28/2006 7:51 AM (#228135)
Subject: Anyone ever been in a Tundra?

I looked at a Tracker Tundra last night and was wondering if anyone had anything good or bad to say about this boat.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 12/28/2006 9:23 AM (#228158 - in reply to #228135)
Subject: RE: Anyone ever been in a Tundra?

Lightening,

I actually spent a quite a few days in a couple different ones this past summer. I would say they have by far the best ride of any boat, but the one thing I have heard everyone talking about with this boat is with the high sides that the wind pushes this boat around very easily. Other than that I would say these are very solid boats, they have definitely held there own on the tournament trails and done very well, but that one downfall of the boat like I said is those high sides. Any bit of wind and that thing sails around like crazy! Maybe drop Oneida Esox a pm, I know John has a 18ft Tundra right now. He would be able to give you good insight.

Edited by Merckid 12/28/2006 9:25 AM
Cowboyhannah
Posted 1/7/2007 8:11 PM (#230605 - in reply to #228135)

I looked at the Tundra....when I priced them out the Rangers were in the same ballpark...went with the 619 and never looked back.
Posted 1/8/2007 2:37 PM (#230788 - in reply to #228158)

I'm a big fan of the Tundra. I can't speak for the 21, but the 18 doesn't have much of a problem with wind blowing it around. Put a 175 on a Tundra 18 and you'll have one fast ride. A 150 or even a 135 is plenty. Lots of room and handles rough water very well.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 1/8/2007 5:04 PM (#230842 - in reply to #230788)

I fished in Mike Schmits 18ft Tundra in 2005 on Millie lac's and it was nice. The drift issue I could see. The sides are high but the ride was great. All in all a very nice boat. A drift sock will slow that boat down if thats the only issue. No like my Ranger 620VS but it worked great for us.
sworrall
Posted 1/8/2007 5:29 PM (#230852 - in reply to #230842)

I watched the Tracker Tundras worked hard all through the year during the In Fish and FLW Walleye Tours over the last few seasons. Excellent ride, fast, nice interior, and all in all a great big water boat.
Got Esox?
Posted 1/8/2007 6:27 PM (#230890 - in reply to #228135)

I fished out of PWT Pro Daryl Christiansan's 21 foot Tundra this past year and it is very impressive. Handles excellent, tons of storage and can easily be fished by 3 muskie fisherman, or 2 with 1 camera-man. As far as the wind issue goes, that was non existent, but the higher sides would make for a safer/dryer day in rough waters. If the aluminum body made for a lighter, more drift prone rig, I would use a drift sock for when a big blow rolls in.

Edited by Got Esox? 1/8/2007 6:30 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)