Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> TICA / Caiman reels

Message Subject: TICA / Caiman reels
madmikey
Posted 12/24/2006 7:58 PM (#227530)
Subject: TICA / Caiman reels

Has anyone had any experience with caiman reels? I had my reel stop working about a hour after I landed 36 inch musky on a jig. The "casting bar" quit working it won't reset when I turn the handle. I don't do equipment failure well, I ordered a St Croix 250 avid reel today.

Edited by madmikey 12/26/2006 7:54 AM
Lee Tauchen
Posted 12/26/2006 12:01 AM (#227731 - in reply to #227530)
Subject: RE: Caiman reel

I have had that problem with one of their reels and have had a few with bad anti-reverse bearings. I spoke to Tica about it and they have truely fixed the problem on their new reels. They are also changing the handles to a larger power handle on their new models coming out soon.

Have you tried their rods yet? Simply nothing better out there at any price. They make them all the way up to 8' 6" which are telescoping. Pretty sweet for $100.

Lee Tauchen
madmikey
Posted 12/26/2006 7:53 AM (#227752 - in reply to #227530)
Subject: RE: Caiman reel

thanks Lee, I'm sending it in for service today. I hope I don't have anymore problems. I have the same reel on my other rod . I use St.Criox Avid rods. I will keep their rods in mind I have friends that would be great for.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)