Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The reason I work is to finance my fishing.
- (Added by: Jeff78)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Perka will have a big brother this year

Message Subject: Perka will have a big brother this year
Beaver
Posted 11/28/2006 2:52 PM (#222552)
Subject: Perka will have a big brother this year

Gotta send out a big thank-you to the guy who makes my blanks.
I told him that I wanted to do a 10" lure, but I would like to keep some charachteristics of the 8" Perka body.
Well he came up with a beauty, and after a day of playing in the aquarium, I weighted, balanced and primed one blank and went to the yacht club dock this morning. I was using a 6'9" St Croix, so I really couldn't twitch it to make it move, but a bit of a "tug" would be more appropriate, and it took off about 2' to the side and slowly sank and shimmied as I watched and then another tug sent it moving in the other direction with an awesome roll, then it stabalized and began to glide until I let it pause and shimmy on down again. Then I tossed it out and gave it a faster retrieve, and it came in just under the surface until I hit the brakes for a second, and would keep on going and then sink until I started it moving again.
Going to be busy over the winter, but it'll be worth it when you guys get the urge to throw some big stuff.
Pardon the lack of paint job, I am just excited to finally have a 10"er that looks like part of the family.
I'll post some finished products when I get around to painting. Right now I'm heading back in the basement to weight the rest of the prototype bodies.
Beav

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Regular and extra large.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Regular and extra large.JPG (23KB - 141 downloads)
butterwheels
Posted 11/29/2006 10:36 AM (#222661 - in reply to #222552)
Subject: RE: Perka will have a big brother this year

that's sexy.
Beaver
Posted 11/29/2006 5:03 PM (#222734 - in reply to #222552)

Sexy? Now I'm confused....I mean more confused.
Tigger
Posted 11/29/2006 8:50 PM (#222783 - in reply to #222552)

Looks good beav. thumbs up! You had to prime the dang thing! I wanted to see where you weighted it! LOL
whitetails
Posted 11/29/2006 8:55 PM (#222784 - in reply to #222552)

Beave can't wait! Maybe you can do one in the fire pattern? That color was good for me this year.
ESOX Maniac
Posted 11/29/2006 9:30 PM (#222791 - in reply to #222552)

Edited by ESOX Maniac 11/29/2006 9:31 PM
ESOX Maniac
Posted 11/29/2006 9:30 PM (#222792 - in reply to #222552)

Beav- If that big brother is half of what the Cisco Perka I got at the Presque Isle Outing is you've got a winner. Actually was trying to steal Slamr's until I spotted another one in the batch at the outing. I just had to have a Cisco. Steve W. assured me I was making the right decision. Great lure- signed by Beaver Slivinski & looks like I got #1. Man is that thing sweet in the water.

Have fun!
Al
Beaver
Posted 11/29/2006 10:46 PM (#222805 - in reply to #222552)

Thanks guys.
They move a long way, and move a lot of water.
Lots of belly flash when they change direction, and if you want a certain color, just e-mail me and I'll do one for you.
Usually if I get a request for one color, I'll do 5 of them. I'll be doing Ciscos, as well as some of the others that were at Presque Isle. Definitely a big fish lure.
They are 10"x7/8'', and I weight them in a very super secret way using ridioactive isotopes and other chemicals known to cause cancer in California liberals, or lead if I can't get uranium.
Tigger, I'll make you a deal.....I'll send you some blanks if you do some foil magic on one in exchange. Then you can x-ray them or do what ever you want to do.
You can request colors for any of the lures that I do. But since I don't know how many of what style I'm doing from year to year, the sooner the better. Or at least give me some kind of heads up.
Beav
butterwheels
Posted 12/1/2006 9:47 PM (#223252 - in reply to #222734)

Beaver - 11/29/2006 4:03 PM

Sexy? Now I'm confused....I mean more confused. :o

blame it on long work hours + searching for housing in a town with very little to offer. i'll probably want one though.
Tigger
Posted 12/2/2006 8:28 AM (#223282 - in reply to #222552)

Thanks beav! We are still trying to have more kids. If I try to cut one apart I may get tainted! It may come out looking like a 28" perka! I'll have you foiling in no time my friend! I have a direct link now!
Take care everyone
John

The company I work for does alot of leadlined x-ray rooms. That my be a thought!
The Yeti
Posted 12/2/2006 11:38 PM (#223373 - in reply to #222552)

when does the humpback version of this one come out Beav?

i don't understand why the humpies came in under the radar.....by far my favorite lure you make. love that thing!!!
Beaver
Posted 12/3/2006 10:04 AM (#223393 - in reply to #222552)

I think that I sent about 10 up to Pesque Isle, all in Sucker.
Check with Sworrall, he's still got all of the unsold ones.
Beav
The Yeti
Posted 12/8/2006 1:02 PM (#224474 - in reply to #222552)

the 10"? that was what i was referring to. 10" humpys my man.

thanx buddy
G
THE FERD
Posted 12/10/2006 6:46 PM (#224802 - in reply to #222552)

I'm very impressed with the new 10 incher but I'm curious about the hooks you've got on that bait what are they ? And will you be offering that bait in "black chrome " ???
THE FERD
Beaver
Posted 12/10/2006 9:10 PM (#224825 - in reply to #222552)

The hooks are just basic Eagleclaw Lazersharp 774 5/0's.
They look weird because of the way the light escaped from the scanner bed.
Don't know what colors yet, I've got some other lures in production, and haven't even got the blanks, other than the 10 prototypes for me to play with. Trying several different weighting options.
You never know what might come out of the garage, but at last count I had 47 color pattern skecthes on the pad, and get more ideas when I least expect it...like right now. Maybe a Black Chrome Matrix?
Beav
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)