Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Shimano reels...

Message Subject: Shimano reels...
Vince Weirick
Posted 10/19/2006 8:32 AM (#215715)
Subject: Shimano reels...

What is the difference between a Shimano 400B and 400S. I know the S is a saltwater but didn't know if there were any other differences.
Tim Kelly
Posted 10/19/2006 9:14 AM (#215732 - in reply to #215715)
Subject: RE: Shimano reels...

No levelwind on the "S" I would imagine.
danny
Posted 1/14/2007 7:48 AM (#232092 - in reply to #215715)

Have you ever seen what salt water does to reels? Not pretty. I am unsure of the S model but if it is a saltwater reel it probably has different internal parts. Saltwater and the air around it tend to kill reels as the moisture settles into the reel. I have lost two reels to it. They were not Saltwater reels but I knew they could handle anything I would be encountering. BUT what I didn't expect was to go fishing one day and the next day have to throw my reels away due to the corrosion. So in answer to your question go onto Shimanos website and determine the difference and if the S does mean Saltwter and the price is not to drastic get the S model. One trip to the coast and you'll thank me.
danny
Posted 1/14/2007 7:55 AM (#232094 - in reply to #215715)

providing that the S is for Saltwater and the price is not too drastic, I would choose it. One trip to the coast and you'll be thanking me. Saltwater and the air around it will absolutely kill a reel that is not made for Saltwater. I personally lost two reels to this silent, deadly monster. People may talk about CO being the silent,oderless killer but they probably don't travel to coast to fish.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)