Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
- (Added by: adudeuknow)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Club Information and Announcements -> Best of the Best Tournament

Message Subject: Best of the Best Tournament
Shep
Posted 10/17/2006 11:30 AM (#215256 - in reply to #215234)
Subject: RE: Best of the Best Tournament

I did read your post above, but I was questioning the post prior to the tourney, and why you said nothing like that here, or anywhere else but LL. That is all I menat. I mean, LL isn't really the Muskie Forum of Muskie Forums, if you get my drift.

Was good to see you Saturday. JK on the fledgling def.
Reef Hawg
Posted 10/18/2006 11:53 AM (#215482 - in reply to #214787)

Didn't put any thought into what type of forum it was man. Just a discussion on the tourney, and that was the first place I saw it. Didn't feel a need to start a new thread on it. Bottom line was I had been told and advised in the past that there was a minimum of 34" needed for tourneys. After hearing from MRoberts, that can vary per locale apparently. You made a good point in that the smaller fish can and typically do release better than the bigger ones. I have no problem with it. agasin, I am sure the M.I. chapter would not have held a tourney without checking with regulatory officials first. That said, what do I know about this, being a mere fledgling....
Shep
Posted 10/18/2006 3:03 PM (#215549 - in reply to #215482)

hehehe

I seem to recall a tourney on Vieux Desert having a 40" minimum size limit. Might have been a transport tourney. If so, I expect that would be the size limit.

I wasn't too worried about the 30" limit, as the smallest fish I've ever seen there was 28", and Jo caught that one. Seeing as how he wasn't fishing the tourney, there was no threat of a small fish being caught. hehehe

If you're up there this weekend, and need a slut, give me a call.

Edited by Shep 10/30/2006 9:32 AM
Reef Hawg
Posted 10/18/2006 4:17 PM (#215563 - in reply to #214787)

10-4 dude. Been too good here the past few days to make the trip. Will be there on the 27-29 though. Give me a buzz.
Jomusky
Posted 10/18/2006 8:27 PM (#215614 - in reply to #215563)

I bet you would have taken a 27" fish last weekend Shep hehehe
Shep
Posted 10/19/2006 7:35 AM (#215695 - in reply to #215614)

Nope, but I would have taken a 30"!! Like Wade said, he is jinxed. I think he is done fishing any and all tourneys from here on! He is a funny guy, though. We laughed alot, sometimes at your expense! hehehe
dogboy
Posted 10/19/2006 9:35 AM (#215736 - in reply to #214787)

JoMusky- Yeah, whenever you get a chance, Im going to need some of those points back that I gave you yesterday! hehehehe, what a day!
Yon told me you wanted to molest my secret bait, or should I say, kidnap it, I know where you live, I will do that same to the lemon head if I ever find my sewer lewer missing! hehehe
I could maybe borrow it to you friday if you really want to use it, or not. I wont be out till this weekend.
Co. Muskieman
Posted 10/29/2006 10:03 AM (#217594 - in reply to #214787)

I would really like for next year to see the trolling tailed down to one rod per angler. I know I.m going to get a fight on this one. But two rods per angler gives trollers too much of an advantage over casting and maybe this would open the water up a little bit. Especially if there are going to be a hundred boats on the river.
Derrys
Posted 10/29/2006 10:40 AM (#217600 - in reply to #214787)

There will be a limit of 50 Boats next year, and the entry fee will be reduced. As far as the number of rods, I can't answer that. I will check with the people in charge though. It should be a great Tournament next year.

The DNR set the date, and the Tournament will be held October 13-14 next year. Bye week for the Packers.
Shep
Posted 10/30/2006 9:47 AM (#217765 - in reply to #217600)

Why can't a caster have a second rod down? Trail a bulldog on it. Or a Big Joe, or a big Jake, and let that thing wobble away in the current.

The arguement that the trollers have an advantage with a second rod down doesn't work. If you think it's an advantage to troll, then learn to troll. Or cast. Or don't enter. It's your choice. But don't ask to reduce the number of rods per angler any more than they have. We trollers already gave up one rod this year. I say go by the state regs! I wouldn't have a problem if was limited it to one planer board per side, though.

There are lots of kinks to be worked out. I say keep the entry fee at $400 per boat. More will enter next year.
Co Muskieman
Posted 11/1/2006 5:11 PM (#218327 - in reply to #214787)

I also wanted to thank the titletown Capter of Muskies Inc. for doing a top notch job in putting this thing together. Everyone was as nice as could be. The guys in the judge bouats did a great job and had to put up with some cold weather and some tough attitudes.

Thanks guys.
sworrall
Posted 11/1/2006 10:43 PM (#218390 - in reply to #217600)

I'd agree with Shep on the trolling rods. It makes absolutely no sense to limit the number of rods further, because that won't change the area a set of boards takes up anyway. Believe me, successful trolling techniques involve a HECK of alot more than driving a boat and enjoying the scenery; ask any Pro Walleye or Muskie angler who is well versed. Casting is casting, trolling is trolling, and each angler has a choice as to which to employ.

Derrys
Posted 11/2/2006 5:52 AM (#218401 - in reply to #214787)

The trolling thing is a touchy subject with some Muskies Inc. members. A lot of people think the Members only fishing contest is unfair since some States allow more than one trolling rod and others do not. Some people are even dropping their membership over this matter. I am not on the Tournament committee, and have no vote about it. I guess people will just have to decide if they want to enter it or not based on the rules they decide to go with.
Derrys
Posted 11/2/2006 7:14 AM (#218405 - in reply to #214787)

I recently heard that the Tournament committee has decided to go to a $250 entry fee with 75% paypack. If someone wanted to pay $400 and consider the rest as a donation then that will up to them. Hope to see a bunch of you guys make it to the tournament next year.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)