Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Man, I love those calls!!

Message Subject: Man, I love those calls!!
AWH
Posted 9/18/2006 10:08 AM (#209746 - in reply to #209722)
Subject: RE: Man, I love those calls!!

Lambeau,

Awesome fish, congrats on a pig! And congrats on the upcoming addition to the family as well! Don't worry about the lack of a picture, you'll get over it. You've got the memory of catching the fish, which is the most important part. I don't get many pictures of my fish as I fish alone a good portion of the time. It used to bother me a little bit. But now I think nothing of letting fish go without a picture. I caught my heaviest (not longest) fish to date last fall. Fishing by myself I did take a picture of it in the water, which doesn't show the true size of it. But it was still one of my most memorable fish, even without the picture of me holding it.

Congrats again!

Aaron
big gun
Posted 9/18/2006 10:53 AM (#209752 - in reply to #209543)

Two Milestones at the same time. Good Karma coming together. There is some reason or purpose to the camera issue, maybe something beyond needing a picture or giving camera advice. I know for myself fishing and life is not about having a picture. BG
RUMBLEFISH
Posted 9/18/2006 11:01 AM (#209754 - in reply to #209543)

Congrats on the fatty Mike !!! Congrats on the news of the shorty on the way !!!
tomcat
Posted 9/18/2006 11:14 AM (#209755 - in reply to #209543)

dont put too much value on a pic. screw it.
you were there...someone else was there... that's all that matters.
it's the weirdo's who take pics of every fish they catch that might want to tell you they dont believe you..but..to heck with it..
you were there, someone else was there..that's it. it's all good, in the hood.
you know what you caught..you dont need a pic man..
muskihntr
Posted 9/18/2006 3:01 PM (#209790 - in reply to #209543)

i smell bs here......hey mike i get it...no pic so you can tell the wife you gotta get a repo done, right??? im gonna have to remember that one!!!! hahahahahaa
TForcier
Posted 9/18/2006 4:18 PM (#209800 - in reply to #209543)

Mike and I talked on Friday to make sure we had our MatchFishing items set.

Then he told me the GREAT news about his wife being pregnant. I told him I’ll send you the bill after the birth of the child due to the price being more for a boy. Just kidding Mike. As I told you on the phone…Congratulations!!

Early afternoon he called saying his father-in-law got a nice 33-incher. I told him I haven’t even seen a fish yet.
Later that night he called again. Now picture this…he’s already excited with the future fishing partner, now add a 53 ½-inch musky to this and you can about image the tone of his vice. He said, “got the one”. Todd, I got the one. I caught a 53 1/2 –incher, not sure what the girth is, all I know it was so heavy, I couldn’t even lift it. All I could do was hold it.

Mike, I was never so proud to lose a MatchFishing outing, as I was Saturday.

Once again…Congratulation to you and your wife and for catching “the one”!!!!!

Todd
PK
Posted 9/18/2006 4:36 PM (#209808 - in reply to #209729)

Funny, I never put a camera in the boat. Who cares what other people think, Lambeau. Like the bald man said, "you caught her, you held her" and you put her well being before your ego...I believe a guy in Arizona calls it "Soul Fishing". That moment will replay in your head as clear as any picture and last longer than any picture.

Congrats on the fish and the addition to the Packer stadium guy family.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)