Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Natural Fishing at the Hideout

Message Subject: Natural Fishing at the Hideout
sworrall
Posted 9/4/2006 7:38 AM (#207757)
Subject: Natural Fishing at the Hideout

That is what Slamr, Nikki, Sue, TomyV and Stac have been up to the last couple days. Lots of grilling, a fire in the fire ring each night until late, and muskie fishing from, ohhhh, about the crack of 11AM to 3PM and then dinner, then back on the water when we're done eating tossing topwater and spinnerbaits until dark. Friday and Saturday we did OK with a couple in the boat and a couple pinned up and lost, but yesterday was tougher. Moved 5 in the early afternoon, Slamr moved a couple, and TomyV got one, but after dinner Lake George was rude to us. Night before last Stac had a big girl eat a Top Raider, and was pretty surprised by the entire affair being brand new to the sport. Sh'e a trooper, as is Ms. Slamr and Sue, joining us meatheads to flail the water to shreds trying to catch a fish just to put it back. Keith went to his favorite water and got 25 gills for breakfast yesterday, next to scrambled eggs and pancakes, yummy. I'll be sorry to see this crew head home this afternoon, this holiday weekend has been a blast.

Check out the muskie I'm holding, it apparently had no eye at all and the socket was smooth inside. One eyed muskies, that's my poison...

Nice fish, Slamr!

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(DSCF0003.JPG)

(DSC_0022.JPG)

(DSC_0026.JPG)

(DSC_0028.JPG)

(DSC_0020.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCF0003.JPG (120KB - 80 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0022.JPG (52KB - 81 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0026.JPG (133KB - 74 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0028.JPG (45KB - 75 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0020.JPG (76KB - 80 downloads)
fish4musky1
Posted 9/4/2006 10:03 AM (#207777 - in reply to #207757)
Subject: RE: Natural Fishing at the Hideout

thats a cool pic with the weeds under and the sun shining on it
TJ DeVoe
Posted 9/4/2006 6:11 PM (#207829 - in reply to #207757)

Nice fish Steve, wish I could have made it up there with you but with stuff going on here at school, my schedule just didn't allow me to do so unfortunately. But very nice fish. How big were the two fish in the pics?
Muskydr
Posted 9/4/2006 8:08 PM (#207842 - in reply to #207757)

weeds weeds weeds weeds weeds weeds= $20,000.00!!:) Can't wait to be holding the BIG CHECK in two weeks!!!!!! Sorry Mr. Steve and Mr. Darrell no poppin fish in front of you this year in the Hodag, we have moved on to greener pastures literally:)
Pointerpride102
Posted 9/4/2006 8:54 PM (#207846 - in reply to #207757)

Cool fish guys! Nice work!

Mike
Slamr
Posted 9/4/2006 9:20 PM (#207847 - in reply to #207757)

Thank you again to both Sue and Steve for the great weekend. Fishing could have been better, but the hospitality and company not a chance. We had a wonderful time, and I'm excited to get back up there next weekend.

Nikki loved the picture of her and Sue, we cant figure out what that is holding the fish I caught (is that my CHIN?), and your fish just looks creepy. But, what do I know, I dont even have side-burns.

Thanks again!
Crash_McGolden
Posted 9/5/2006 5:56 AM (#207875 - in reply to #207757)

As usual, another great time at the Worrall's. The pace is slow, the company great, the fishing always interesting and there is no better way to start the morning than the big breakfasts Sue puts together.

There is not another more focused person on the water than Steve Worrall when he thinks the fish will be going--the man doesn't even stop casting for a water break! And Stacy really learned the highs--and lows--of muskie fishing after having a monster fish come off her lure and then not seeing it again after going back for it several times the next day. I think anyone who is the significant other of a muskie fisherman knows the feeling after the first few times fishing, where you don't understand why it's so difficult until it gets frustrating to not see a fish for days on end and then see/catch a large muskie. TomyV picked a good one

As for the weather, all I can say is, it called for rain all week, and it was sunny and cloudless all weekend. I'm beginning to believe in the Slamr/TomyV curse.

As usual, another great Labor Day weekend at the Hideout.

Crash McG

RUMBLEFISH
Posted 9/5/2006 5:19 PM (#207965 - in reply to #207757)

The hideout RULES !! Steve and Sue are awesome , fishing 's great ( if you do your job , DOH !! ) , hospitality is hand's down !! Glad to hear you all had fun !!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)