Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Hello.......New Here.

Message Subject: Hello.......New Here.
Fullback
Posted 8/16/2006 8:19 PM (#205341)
Subject: Hello.......New Here.

I just found this forum and it seems to be more activity here than most other muskie fishing forums. I haven't been fishing for muskies that long, but I'm already addicted. My dad has fished for them for years, I guess since the mid-80's, but I didn't have the patience when he started so I never really picked it up...I did manage to catch a couple though, even though I wasn't a die hard like him....Dad decided this past spring to buy a new boat, so he handed me his old boat. We live and fish a river in Virginia, so it's not like he was handing me a big bass boat or something....just a simple 14' jon boat with a 15hp merc.....he bought a 1760 Roughneck with a 60/40 jet....sweet boat for you guys that like to riverfish.....I took some time to do some maintainance on the boat, replaceing carper, buying new seats, new prop, etc....so I started fishing.....my wife won a Berkely Lightning Rod, with a Ambasseder 6500 reel at a raffle, so I took it as a sign that I should start muskie fishing.....so I've been fishing for them seriously since June.....I've caught 5 this summer so far, two over 40".....of course, I didn't quite start from scratch.....I've prodded alot of information from my dad, who's does pretty well for himself, considering when he started, he knew nothing about em....Dad said he quit counting after he got to 300, said it didn't matter anymore(of course, if your 300th was the biggest 53.5", I'll probably quit counting too)....maybe for the northern lake fishermen that may not seem like many, for a river fishermen in Va, I believe that's a pretty good amount.....anyway, I haven't had much time in the past to fish, guess because I didn't have a boat, but I've been taking full advantage this summer.
Pointerpride102
Posted 8/16/2006 8:24 PM (#205342 - in reply to #205341)
Subject: RE: Hello.......New Here.

Welcome! You have stumbled across THE BEST musky site out there! Enjoy the fun that can be had here!!

Mike Bolinski
sworrall
Posted 8/16/2006 8:37 PM (#205344 - in reply to #205341)

Welcome to MuskieFIRST. You will find this a great place to ask or answer questions, talk about muskies and muskie fishing, and share the experience with Muskie fishermen from your area and across North America.

Take a look around; there are multiple forums, each with a specific focus. Visit the chat room for Muskie talk during the summer and online seminars and more in the Winter. Create your own blog, photo album, avatar, and profile.

And above all, when Sponger posts, listen!
MuskieMedic
Posted 8/16/2006 9:59 PM (#205366 - in reply to #205341)

Welcome Fullback, make sure you use the "Search" function, you will find an unbelievable amount of info here.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)