Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Thanks for your support !

Message Subject: Thanks for your support !
FredJ
Posted 5/10/2006 11:49 AM (#191192)
Subject: Thanks for your support !

As President of the First WI Chapter of Muskies Inc in Chippewa Falls, WI, I want to publicly thank those of you who have helped us with our fundraising efforts for the purchases of PIT tags as mentioned in another post. We have been slowly building our PIT tag fund through the sale of Adoption Papers and Decals on this and other websites. Thank you to all who have helped.

I need to give special recognition to the following: Milwaukee Chapter of MI for purchasing a number of Adoptions by the club and also through it’s members. The Fargo Moorhead Chapter of MI has committed to $ 325.00 per year for each of the next 4 years and Wisconsin’s newest Chapter “Titletown Chapter” in Green Bay has committed to $ 500.00 per year over the next 4 years. This is fantastic news and I hope someday we can return the favor.

I also need to publicly recognize a few other people who donated to this project back in January. Our initial fundraising effort for this project was a few special auction items at our banquet last January. We auctioned off a 1 day Guide trip and one night’s stay in the Hideout donated by Steve Worrall. A one day guide trip in Rusk Co. donated by Chuck Spletter of Cornell, WI. and 2 guide trips offered by Hayward Guide Larry Ramsell. These genorous donations got the ball rolling for this project.

We have a long way to go but thanks to all who have helped we are off to a great start.

Fred Johnson
1st. WI Chapter MI
Chippewa Falls, WI
Derrys
Posted 5/11/2006 6:24 AM (#191303 - in reply to #191192)
Subject: RE: Thanks for your support !

The Fargo-Moorhead Chapter was glad to help.

When talking about this at our Board meeting, it was mentioned that the 1st Wisconsin MI Chapter helped US out with the Five Mile Point project on Leech Lake a couple years ago. We really appreciated the effort, and are proud to say that the Minnesota DNR now owns the land we were trying to keep from being developed. Don't worry about paying us back, as we were simply returning the favor to YOU. "What goes around, comes around", or "You get what you give", or whatever you want to call it, it's just nice to see people working together to get things accomplished.

Good luck 1st Wisconsin, and I hope you'll get all the funding you need to complete this project.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)