Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Lakewood Monster Box - Too Big????

Message Subject: Lakewood Monster Box - Too Big????
H2O
Posted 4/2/2006 10:19 AM (#185344)
Subject: Lakewood Monster Box - Too Big????

Right now I have the Medium Box and am currently trying to pack 10 lbs of ***t in a 5 pound bag. Looking at getting a Monster Box, but a little worried about it being too big and awkward. Looking for some opinions out there.

Thanks
Rob

Edited by H2O 4/2/2006 10:19 AM
greybeard
Posted 4/2/2006 12:45 PM (#185354 - in reply to #185344)
Subject: RE: Lakewood Monster Box - Too Big????

Actually, it's too small!

Edited by greybeard 4/2/2006 12:46 PM
Fish and Whistle
Posted 4/2/2006 11:00 PM (#185444 - in reply to #185344)

I have thought about picking up one of those giant boxes, but talked myself out of it (and after watching several friends lug them around I'm glad I did). Keep the medium one you have for Bucktails only and put everything else in Plano 7330's. I use an old Plano vertical hold box, with a bunch of holes drilled in it to help in drying, for my bucktails and have a 7330 for small crankbaits, one for med. cranks, a couple for jerk baits, etc. I also always keep two empty ones around in case I'm going to be fishing out of a friend's boat. It's nice to have my full arsenal at my disposal in my boat, but I don't want my buddy tripping all over my crap. When I'm heading out on the water I already have an rough idea of what I'm going to throw. I pack one 7330 with my A list choices and a second box of "Well, the A list sucks let's try this" stuff. Most of the time I could get away with just one. About 5 bucks a pop. Label 'em up and keep 'em organized. Hell of a lot easier to transport and leaves money for what really matters - MORE LURES!!!

ckarren
Posted 4/3/2006 10:00 AM (#185480 - in reply to #185344)

I second Graybeard!!!!

-Corey
ArmPit
Posted 4/3/2006 10:42 AM (#185491 - in reply to #185480)

I love my monster boxes! I've got 3 myself, you put them together and you've got a great casting platform, if you're in a boat that doesn't have a back one, or you're in a buddies boat and fishing out of the back. I'm 6'3" 250 pounds and I beat the crap out of them and they stand the test of time. I also, think they could be a little bigger/wider, but all in all, it's a great box!

Scott
Pedro
Posted 4/3/2006 1:44 PM (#185520 - in reply to #185344)

The boxes are great! You can fit just about any lure into them and they are TUFF! I have two of them, and like others have said they could make them bigger. Never enough room for all our lures.
Jokemon
Posted 4/3/2006 5:37 PM (#185551 - in reply to #185520)

Got the medium and the Monster..love them both. Get a monster also you won't be dissapointed. Only little criticism I can think off is the compartments on the side of the monster...they don't hold the higher Plano models...but that is the ONLY thing I can come up with!

Get one!
kevin
Posted 4/3/2006 8:47 PM (#185571 - in reply to #185344)

how big is your boat and how much other stuff you bring with..along with how much other stuff your fishing buddies bring?? I have a 16' Rampage.... Too small for the monster, period...lol...... Had two of them in there last trip out... wont happen again.... no room to walk around..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)