Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> 2002 Patriot 2050T-Flotation Problem on this model?

Reply New post
Message Subject: 2002 Patriot 2050T-Flotation Problem on this model?
JVC
Posted 3/15/2006 11:13 AM (#182467)
Subject: 2002 Patriot 2050T-Flotation Problem on this model?

Does the lack of flotation apply to the Patriot 2050T, 2002 prototype models, as well as the 2003 2050DCs, etc., that were the subject of the USCG notice?

Considering an '02 2050T (@ Warner's Dock, New Richmond, WI), and trying to determine if the flotation is an issue with the big tiller model.

Anyone know the fuel tank size of the '02 2050T? And what was the thinking behind that in-floor livewell?

Thanks!
VMS
Posted 3/16/2006 11:19 AM (#182738 - in reply to #182467)
Subject: RE: 2002 Patriot 2050T-Flotation Problem on this model?

to be honest, even though the boat might be a nice boat, I would walk away from it and never look back. many people purchased the patriot boats when they came out, but when it came to getting the boats fixed so they would be legal through the USCG, Patriot has done nothing....NOTHING!! many people got screwed by this company and boat line...

Walk away....

Steve
sworrall
Posted 3/16/2006 12:00 PM (#182755 - in reply to #182738)

Although that boat is not a model that was recalled, I'd question if there will be insufficient flotation in the hull. That can easily be remedied, but unless the boat is a screaming good deal, I agree with VMS. I have a 2050 DCW and can't legally sell it because the maunfacturer has failed so far to comply with the USCG recall orders. I did change the motor to comply with the order myself, and await litigation results to see what Patriot International and their insurance carriers might be required to do to remedy my situation. I have received communication from Patriot that they were going to do so last summer, but nothing has actually happened yet. I also have communication between the USCG and Patriot as to the order, and what Patriot International promised to do, but have been informed that the USCG has no enforcement capacity in Canada. I hope for the litigation to eventually solve this mess.
JVC
Posted 3/16/2006 2:32 PM (#182778 - in reply to #182755)

Are you saving, Steve, that even if you solved the lack of flotation locally, you'd still be unable to sell your boat "legally" until Patriot (Canada) addressed formally the USCG recall notice? Even with a lower HP powerplant on board?

Although the notice specified the 2050DC, I would imagine that it would apply to the CCs as well, as it's a HP issue also?

I guess the other question is whether there was EVER sufficient flotation in ANY of the 2050s that were built?

It's not really a "screaming good deal" yet, either.

Hope the litigation resolves the issue finally for you.
sworrall
Posted 3/16/2006 4:11 PM (#182799 - in reply to #182778)

That's correct. I don't have the proper USCG Capacities Plate from them yet. (No surprise there) It's legal to run now from what the USCG tells me, but I can't sell it until that tag is adressed by Patriot International. Patriot International originally sent me a series of photos showing a boat with 1000# of concrete strapped to it and the plug pulled floating at thier 'test dock' when I questioned them, about flotation issues, so ONE of the boats they built must have had enough to float. Mine wouldn't have I don't think, even though there was foam in the boat, there was not enough of the correct kind of foam in my opinion.

I actually really like my 2050 as far as performance, how she fishes, and runs. Too bad, it's a great hull and held up well so far. I don't mind fishing it, but I had it for a sales sample, not to own forever. By the way, where are you from? Your IP shows Calgary, Alberta...up there he might have built the same boat and called it an MPL or Orca.

No idea what the floor livewell was about, but I've seen that is saltwater boats and he sold his products in Florida and up the East coast in the past, so maybe that's where he got the idea.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)