Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Mania Combo

Message Subject: Mania Combo
Posted 3/21/2005 9:06 PM (#139913)
Subject: Mania Combo

Thoughts on the 7'4 or 7'6" combo for throwing hair and cranks in the 1-3 (4oz) range??
marine_1
Posted 3/21/2005 9:18 PM (#139914 - in reply to #139913)
Subject: RE: Mania Combo

7'6"
muskihntr
Posted 3/21/2005 9:25 PM (#139916 - in reply to #139913)

id go with the 7 6 also, the 7 4 is a heavier rod. i dont think there is a better combo out there for the money!!! i buy them for kids and friends to use who dont have equipment, they take alot of abuse and bass pro backs thier stuff 100% replacement garantee!!
Posted 3/21/2005 10:46 PM (#139931 - in reply to #139913)

What about getting a Mania all around set up for a friend who is just starting out? Maybe the 7 footer?
muskyboy
Posted 3/21/2005 11:28 PM (#139937 - in reply to #139913)

Go 7'6" or 8' for that
muskihntr
Posted 3/22/2005 7:42 AM (#139952 - in reply to #139913)

depends, i dont know if there is a right answer for the 1st set up question, i would probablly go with the 7 or 7 2 prsonally but thats me. some people have a harder time with the longer rods. remember also that some of the 7 6 models and the 8 ft are 2 piece or retractable butts i beleive. i dont know if that is better for you or not, i always stick with the 1 pc. rods. a guys ht. and where he fishines out of the boat can also determine what length rod will suit him best. i personally think the 7 ft mh is a great starter rod. thats what size i started my son with and also a couple of other guys. the 7 2 is a heavy rod which is better if you throw alot of bigger baits or jerk baits.
MOMusky
Posted 3/24/2005 8:16 AM (#140385 - in reply to #139913)

I prefer the 8' myself. It is a one piece rod with a retractable but section. This rod will throw everything in your box up to about 5oz.

Also, I too have never been a fan of 2 piece rods but I DO like the longer rods. Makes doing figure eights super easy and also will cast lures effortlessly. If you have never tried a long rod then don't judge them until you give it a good days workout. I did try the 8'6" (2 piece rod) and loved it too, but havent got one as of yet.

As for the reel and rod combo, I don't think for the money you can find anything that compares. I have other rods- St. Croix's, Loomis, etc with all types of reels, and I wish I would have started with the Bass Pro Combo. I have as much as $350 in some of my other rod/reel combos and I still prefer the Mania Combo... I pick it up first before all others. I could have got 2 complete setups for that $350 and had change left over!

Don't think you have to spend big bucks to have a first rate rig. If you just have money burning a hole in your pocket then go ahead, but if you would rather keep as much cash in your pocket but want a AWESOME rig then check out the Bass Pro Mania combos.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)