Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Leech lake lures?

Message Subject: Leech lake lures?
whitetails
Posted 3/19/2005 4:58 PM (#139702)
Subject: Leech lake lures?

Going to Leech end of July. Any ideas on lures and colers would be helpful.
sworrall
Posted 3/19/2005 10:04 PM (#139720 - in reply to #139702)
Subject: RE: leach lake lures?

I do very well there with big spinnerbaits. Bucktails also are producers there, and of course the stand by Suicks, Reef Hawgs, Weagles, Wabulls, Slammer Cranks, and the like. Topwater can be really hot later in the year, ick any good topwater a toss it! Colors there seem to lean toward the less than obnoxious, so I like the quieter colors on that water. Murph! You out there? Murph guides the lake and knows a heck of alot about what works when.
mskygyd
Posted 3/20/2005 7:43 PM (#139778 - in reply to #139702)
Subject: RE: Leech lake lures?

Walleye (orange) Bulldawg brought in 50+ that turned 5 times on the figure 8 when I was there in July.
Also caught big fish on Magnum Rapalas long line trolling. Black/Silver
Muskiefool
Posted 3/21/2005 9:36 PM (#139920 - in reply to #139702)

http://www.fishinfo.com/cgi-bin/board.cgi?az=list&forum=ForumID8 Ask Murph this is his forum I like Topwater early when all the little duckys are swimmin like hawg wobblers, Nimmers prefered, black silver spinners, coon tail eagle tail ,skunk, and brown or tan flavour, tiger tube in cabbage chartrusse, black gold pearch pattern cranks. Good luck im ready see ya at the Zona you get the first 2 rounds
dan craven
Posted 3/22/2005 11:41 AM (#139982 - in reply to #139702)

oops! Sorry about the posting above - hit a button by accident. Surface lures work good. Lily Tails, Mepps (both big and smaller) in red, white, brown, black and yellow have all accounted for tons of big fish. Throw what you have confidence in and you'll probably do well. Jerkbaits, too. I wouldn't get too caught up in specific lures...

DC
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)