Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Ohio Muskie show; Cast or Troll, Which do you do most?

Message Subject: Ohio Muskie show; Cast or Troll, Which do you do most?
KEITH ELDRUP
Posted 2/15/2005 7:57 AM (#135042)
Subject: Ohio Muskie show; Cast or Troll, Which do you do most?

I did not do this show last year because i thought the Jerk bait and Bucktail intrest would not be there. The preception i have is that the ohio Guys are mostly trollers.
I decided to take a booth this year. My question is how many of you are casters and how many just troll
See ya at the show

thanks
Keith Eldrup
LLUNGEN LURES
e-mail [email protected]
847-302-7558
tomyv
Posted 2/15/2005 8:00 AM (#135043 - in reply to #135042)
Subject: RE: Ohio Muskie show. Casters or Tollers

Keith, a few of us are heading up and we are casters. Ohio guys do both for the most part. I troll when I need a nap.
Pete Stoltman
Posted 2/15/2005 10:51 AM (#135080 - in reply to #135042)

Keith, I had the same impression but discovered that it wasn't necessarily universal. We ended up selling baits in nearly all categories although I would say that crankbaits were probably the best sellers among both casters and trollers. I think a lot of guys opened their eyes to different techniques as well as baits and of course a fair amount of people travel to other areas like Canada where they will cast also. Just my impression.
Mark Smith
Posted 2/15/2005 1:18 PM (#135108 - in reply to #135042)

Keith,
Seems to me that the Ohio fisherman cast early in the season. Then troll most of the summer and get a late fall casting bite. This seems to be typical at least on Salt Fork and Leesville which I am most familiar with. I had a booth at the show last year and sold just as many baits there as I did at the Pittsburgh show.My 2 cents.

RAZE1
Posted 2/15/2005 1:31 PM (#135116 - in reply to #135042)

I'm a caster 99% of the time, but will toss out going through some "no-wake zones"

Trollers in Ohio like Monster Shads, Lee Sissons, and Sledges..........................
stickboy
Posted 2/15/2005 8:59 PM (#135165 - in reply to #135042)
Subject: RE: Ohio Muskie show; Cast or Troll, Which do you do most?

I've spent way to much money on casting and trolling baits and fish in Ohio alot. I have caught fish casting in every OH lake that I have tried it in. I would bring alot of white and silver bucktails and gliders if possible. I want some of your bucktails for my trip to minnesota. See you there.

Jason

Org. jerks will sell good along with white.
blindsquirrel
Posted 2/21/2005 7:48 AM (#135862 - in reply to #135042)
Subject: RE: Ohio Muskie show; Cast or Troll, Which do you do most?

I cast more than I troll and I will be at the show. I like your lures.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)