Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Day Three, Pittsburgh Extreme Show

Message Subject: Day Three, Pittsburgh Extreme Show
sworrall
Posted 1/9/2005 8:58 AM (#130681)
Subject: Day Three, Pittsburgh Extreme Show

The show just opened, so here we go...

szqwral
Posted 1/9/2005 9:32 AM (#130684 - in reply to #130681)
Subject: RE: Day Three, Pittsburgh Extreme Show

So where's the pictures?? I'm stuck at home with the cats and want to see pictures!

We have snow, changing to freezing drizzle, then back to snow, with "not much" accumulation tonight. We see.

Well lets see some pictures, Slamr! I know where you are. (AT THE SHOW ) Szq
Mr.Pike
Posted 1/9/2005 9:40 AM (#130687 - in reply to #130681)

steve, how bout some kinda live video stream for your seminar?? do you guys have a video camera? im not gonna be able to make it up there today

Edited by Mr.Pike 1/9/2005 10:09 AM
szqwral
Posted 1/9/2005 9:52 AM (#130689 - in reply to #130681)

Ahhhhh, nice pics on DAY TWO. Was not up when I posted earlier...good job Slamr! Szq
sworrall
Posted 1/9/2005 11:07 AM (#130695 - in reply to #130689)

Some more pictures..

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(DSCF0001.JPG)

(DSCF0003.JPG)

(DSCF0004.JPG)

(DSCF0005.JPG)

(DSCF0006.JPG)

(DSCF0007.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCF0001.JPG (95KB - 208 downloads)
Attachments DSCF0003.JPG (79KB - 191 downloads)
Attachments DSCF0004.JPG (95KB - 176 downloads)
Attachments DSCF0005.JPG (97KB - 196 downloads)
Attachments DSCF0006.JPG (114KB - 182 downloads)
Attachments DSCF0007.JPG (48KB - 222 downloads)
Rich W
Posted 1/9/2005 3:40 PM (#130716 - in reply to #130681)

I just got back from the show, and a good day it was as I won a free guide trip with Mike Hulbert.
Thanks to Mr Hulbert for donating the trip, I'm looking forward to catching some Indiana muskies this year.
It was fun talking with everyone that was there and to put some faces with some of the people that I hadnt had the pleasure of meeting before.

Rich W
Roger
Posted 1/9/2005 8:55 PM (#130741 - in reply to #130681)

Rich,
Cool man!!!!!! I won a trip to fish with Mike Hulbert as well on Saturday at the Pittsburg Musky Show. Send me an email at [email protected] I would like to talk Indiana musky fishing with you.
Thanks,
Roger
DJH
Posted 1/10/2005 2:44 PM (#130810 - in reply to #130681)
Subject: Frabill Kwik Kradle

From looking at the pic of the Frabill booth it does not appear that they have the re-introduction of the Kwik Kradle on display. Can anyone let me know any specifics here? Did they have it in Pittsburgh, will they have it at all?

Dan Hardy
Tom Dietz
Posted 1/10/2005 3:44 PM (#130817 - in reply to #130810)
Subject: RE: Frabill Kwik Kradle

Hi!

Frabill has not re-introduced the Kwik-Kradle for 2005. I will ask Mark Gostisha if there are any plans to do so, but to the best of my knowledge, it is not in the cards any time soon. I enjoyed meeting any and all of you who came by the booth in Pittsburgh, and I look forward to meeting any of you who attend the Columbus, OH show in February. Thanks for asking!

Tom Dietz
Frabill Pro-Staff
DJH
Posted 1/10/2005 4:14 PM (#130821 - in reply to #130817)
Subject: RE: Frabill Kwik Kradle

Thanks Tom... back in November Mark indicated to a friend of mine that Frabill may have the reintroduction ready for the shows. He did mention that if it was not ready for the shows that they would have something on a limited basis by the opener for sure. Perhaps they snuffed that out...

So do you know where I might be able to pick one or two up?

Thanks-

Dan Hardy
Musk.
Posted 1/12/2005 10:24 AM (#130988 - in reply to #130681)

I was at this show and to tell you the truth I personally thought it was the worst show yet??? am I wrong in thinking that?? I mean last year there was like 120-130 vendors and this year it was cut in half??? all they did was add some vehicles to the outside to take up room. Not alot of new stuff either (not shows fault). I had travelled a long way and was dissappointed (again). I am afraid it will only be Chicago for me now next year. I miss seeing some of the vendors there, and Chi show is the only one they are at. And for the people that thougth that was a good show, look up the Musky Odyssey in Canada, it will be bigger and better (and at CAN prices) its in Toronto i believe but closer to Buffalo. I don't know maybe I am wrong but I wanna hear why anyone else thought it was 'good'.
Musk.
lpeitso
Posted 1/12/2005 10:41 AM (#130992 - in reply to #130681)

Steve,

Who had the duck, and how much was it?

Lance
sworrall
Posted 1/12/2005 11:01 AM (#130995 - in reply to #130992)

I don't remember who had the duck, I'm not sure. Perhaps someone else can assist there?

As far as why the show was 'good'

Good seminar lineup
Major retailers, several, any bait you could want that one would expect to be stocked in a store except Weagles
A good selection of custom baits and factory booths
Reasonable pricing for food and drink, great facility, easy parking
Benefitted a great MI chapter

The reason many of the smaller vendors didn't attend this year was the show last year had poor attendance. It was held too late in the year, the weather was absolutely beautiful, and very warm, so everyone went fishing instead of to the show. I think the vendors who didn't show this year missed an opportunity. It'll grow, and if the show is scheduled early like this one was, it'll be well attended. Keep in mind, the Tri Esox has been around a very long time and is established firmly in the market area.
marine_1
Posted 1/12/2005 12:44 PM (#131004 - in reply to #130681)

Yes, can anyone tell us where the duck was being sold? I want one.
PunchandJudy
Posted 1/12/2005 12:46 PM (#131006 - in reply to #130992)

The duck was at Howard Wagners booth I think. We looked at it but do not remember the price.
ChrisH
Posted 1/12/2005 1:49 PM (#131014 - in reply to #130681)

Steve, the reason that some of the "smaller vendors" were not there this year, is due to the show being too early in the year. Many of us are too busy filling our retailers orders this time of year. Tuff Shads as well as Crane baits did very well at last years show, but neither of us had the extra inventory to attend this years show. We are hoping that next years show will be held sometime in February. That seems to be an optimum time of year for most of us, as well as individuals that are on the rebound from the Christmas crunch!

Jimbo 58
Posted 1/14/2005 8:04 AM (#131228 - in reply to #130995)

I think the reason vendors did not return this year was the price of the booths. They increased from $275 last year to $400 this year. Last year the tables and chairs were free and this year the tables cost $25 and the chairs $6. If they keep prices like that there will be fewer vendors next year. There was no advertising in my area and I am just 40 miles away. This was my first year there and I thought I would do well, I did not break even. I could sell more lures to 1 store in a 30 minute visit than I did all week end. I for one came away very discouraged. I hope they consider making changes for next year or all they will have is a 3 day seminar and a bunch of out of town tackle dealers.
Jim
Mr.Pike
Posted 1/14/2005 8:40 AM (#131235 - in reply to #131228)

Jim do you get the radio station the X, 105.9? They advertised the show quite a bit.
Trophymuskie
Posted 1/14/2005 8:58 AM (#131237 - in reply to #130681)

There was a lot of reasons why I ( and probably a lot of other businesses ) wasn't at this years show. The first and most important one was that we did not find out about the show dates untill November leaving us no time to get ready for the show. My guiding season isn't over untill mid December leaving me less then 3 weeks to get ready. As well I need more then 2 months heads up for ordering product. Secondly was how early after the holidays the show was. Third was the price increase of booths and lastly was the uncertainty of the overall effects of a new show at a new date after last years show was poorly attended.

Us small guys which most in the muskie industry are need to stretch out our advertizing dollars as far as we can.
JIM
Posted 1/14/2005 8:14 PM (#131294 - in reply to #131235)

Mr. Pike
I don't recall that radio station. I'm not sure we get here in New Castle. I have the radio on almost all day in the shop where I make my lures and I didn't hear anything. I listen to 94.5 FM mostly and that's out of Pittsburgh.
Chartertalk
Posted 1/14/2005 10:32 PM (#131303 - in reply to #130681)

I did not hear about the show till almost Dec and did not have time. I called about Chicago and they said it was sold out and I think I called in Sept. I will try to get into Chicago next year.

Posted 3/8/2005 12:06 PM (#138100 - in reply to #130681)

Thought you would like to know that the duck is for sale on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31693&item=7...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)