Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Winter, WI area

Message Subject: Winter, WI area
ayekay4d7
Posted 8/19/2024 4:24 PM (#1030364)
Subject: Winter, WI area

New to the area and new to posting here
I've fished Barker, Black Dan, Lake of the Pines in the past. I was told that Barber should absolutely be the next lake I hit. Am I missing out on any other good lakes?
I'm also scouring marketplace to pick up a rowboat I can fit in the back of my truck if anyone has any leads.
Matt DeVos
Posted 8/27/2024 10:06 PM (#1030514 - in reply to #1030364)
Subject: Re: Winter, WI area

Barber is a good action lake for sure. If I were you, I'd launch at the Winter Dam of the Chippewa Flowage and spend some time there. The SE part of the flowage is a pretty good area.

Edit: If you're limited to using a row boat, I'm not sure the Chip is a good choice. Sticking to Barber and LOTP are probably your best options

Edited by Matt DeVos 8/27/2024 10:11 PM
MuskyFlyGuy
Posted 8/28/2024 1:04 PM (#1030526 - in reply to #1030514)

You are getting really good information from Matt.
7.62xJay
Posted 8/28/2024 10:32 PM (#1030534 - in reply to #1030364)

Only been on 3 pieces of water over that way. Bit of a jaunt for myself over that way.
Did Lake Winter and Radisson Flowage in 1 day on Labor day weekend. Saw 0 fish. Lake Winter would suit a row boat just fine near the landing, can always stay near the mouth or head up Brunet River. Radisson Flowage has Row boat written all over it, not a sole on it on Labor Day weekend either. I can't speak for the quality of either fishery though. Went off the Dam Landing @ The Chip one time and raised a large girl off the west bank not far from the landing.

I myself am a bit tired of my closer fisheries and the old man never likes to go anywhere twice.
So, somewhere around here I have list of recommended lakes over that way from a retired biologist. I'll share it when I find it. I know Barber and Black Dan were 2 of them.

How yall feel about Island? I've never been to it but I have a future brother in law with a cabin on it.

Edited by 7.62xJay 8/28/2024 10:36 PM
ayekay4d7
Posted 9/1/2024 7:38 PM (#1030611 - in reply to #1030514)

Matt DeVos - 8/27/2024 10:06 PM

Barber is a good action lake for sure. If I were you, I'd launch at the Winter Dam of the Chippewa Flowage and spend some time there. The SE part of the flowage is a pretty good area.

Edit: If you're limited to using a row boat, I'm not sure the Chip is a good choice. Sticking to Barber and LOTP are probably your best options

Thanks for the reply Matt! You've helped me before over facebook messenger. Your advice has helped me a lot. Checking out google maps here and that Winter Dam launch looks great, and very close to me!
ayekay4d7
Posted 9/1/2024 7:40 PM (#1030612 - in reply to #1030534)

7.62xJay - 8/28/2024 10:32 PM

Only been on 3 pieces of water over that way. Bit of a jaunt for myself over that way.
Did Lake Winter and Radisson Flowage in 1 day on Labor day weekend. Saw 0 fish. Lake Winter would suit a row boat just fine near the landing, can always stay near the mouth or head up Brunet River. Radisson Flowage has Row boat written all over it, not a sole on it on Labor Day weekend either. I can't speak for the quality of either fishery though. Went off the Dam Landing @ The Chip one time and raised a large girl off the west bank not far from the landing.

I myself am a bit tired of my closer fisheries and the old man never likes to go anywhere twice.
So, somewhere around here I have list of recommended lakes over that way from a retired biologist. I'll share it when I find it. I know Barber and Black Dan were 2 of them.

How yall feel about Island? I've never been to it but I have a future brother in law with a cabin on it.

Thanks for the advice! I'm sure to check out the Radisson Flowage one of these days. I haven't heard a peep about Island... maybe someone is keeping good secrets. I will give it a check this fall!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)