Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Elliott Rods

Message Subject: Elliott Rods
2rjs
Posted 3/3/2024 7:12 AM (#1026848)
Subject: Elliott Rods

Anybody out there got any experience with Elliott Rods? I'm currently in the market for a 9' rod for rubber. I was considering the 2020 S&A or Moab. Just wondering how they compare and if they use their own blanks or build on someone else's?
7.62xJay
Posted 3/3/2024 9:21 AM (#1026850 - in reply to #1026848)
Subject: Re: Elliott Rods

Not sure but it's a Thorne Brothers company so they gotta be good I would think.
miket55
Posted 3/3/2024 9:36 AM (#1026851 - in reply to #1026850)

7.62xJay - 3/3/2024 10:21 AM

Not sure but it's a Thorne Brothers company so they gotta be good I would think.

https://twobrothersinnovations.com/our-story/
Masqui-ninja
Posted 3/4/2024 11:21 AM (#1026869 - in reply to #1026848)

I have used them since their first year, and I like them. I have two 9' xh for rubber and big blades, two 9'H for topwater, small bucktail etc. and one 9'6" XH. I like them a little better than my Legend Tournaments, and the price point is slightly better. The syCork is grippier when it's wet and super light...holds up well too. I really like the moderate-fast action of their blanks, they load up perfectly for me.

The only thing I will say is that the last two I bought didn't appear to have the same quality control as the earlier ones, so check and make sure the reel seat and syCork is tight when you purchase. Warrantee isn't as good as some out there either. I may go back to St Croix just for the peace of mind as I really put them through the ringer. Good rods though.
2rjs
Posted 3/4/2024 1:12 PM (#1026874 - in reply to #1026848)

Thanks for the info! Thats a great review. A big problem living in the southern end of the musky range is that there are very few places that stock rods. If they do its probably only going to be one or two models. Getting hands on to look at before a purchase is near impossible unless you know someone with the rod. After reading on Elliotts website some more, it appears they do not even ship to VA. So, I guess I'm back to looking at SC or Chaos.
Abu7000
Posted 3/5/2024 4:52 PM (#1026892 - in reply to #1026848)
Subject: RE: Elliott Rods

Have a couple, and they come with the Thorne Brother legacy. However, in my opinion they don't measure up to todays Thorne Brothers rods. Heavy and sort of a "dull feeling" blank. Several better choices in my opinion. I have no idea how they compare in price today.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)