Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Big St Germain in June

Message Subject: Big St Germain in June
Backtroller
Posted 2/22/2024 2:49 PM (#1026712)
Subject: Big St Germain in June

I will be heading up to Big St Germain this June. I’ve fished Big Arb without much luck (it was immediately after a musky tournament and a front was going through) so I know the general area a little. I’d like to know if anyone would be willing to share any spots or baits/colors that might improve my chances? I’ll be fishing mornings with the family (bass and northerns to keep busy) and evenings with my 12 year old son to attempt to land his first musky. Feel free to PM if you’d rather not share openly.
chuckski
Posted 2/23/2024 10:03 AM (#1026725 - in reply to #1026712)
Subject: Re: Big St Germain in June

This is a very famous water with lots of resorts and fishermen. This is a beautiful body of water and a little larger then most and a good fishing lake. St. Germain Marine in St. Germain is a good place to get info or a Hot Spot map or they sell hand drawn maps too. A good night fishing lake too.
Vilas15
Posted 2/23/2024 11:31 AM (#1026729 - in reply to #1026725)

Hard weedline around most of the outside perimeter right at the drop off. First item would be checking out weed growth that early and if the weeds are good they're probably there. Thats my guess since I dont spend much time there and almost none looking for muskies.
North of 8
Posted 2/26/2024 12:00 PM (#1026768 - in reply to #1026729)

If I was going to get serious about fishing Big St. Germain, I would try and book Rob Manthei. He is a guide who has a resort on the lake. He guides for walleye and musky all summer, the switches to musky only in the fall. On the water virtually every day.
Have attended seminars where he is a presenter. Very good communication, very focused.
Backtroller
Posted 2/26/2024 9:58 PM (#1026774 - in reply to #1026712)

Thank you all for the posts. I do have the fishing hot spots Top 50 Musky Lakes and it’s in there. I’ll have to try ti contact Mr, Manthei. I did stop to chat with him at the Milwaukee Musky show a few years ago.
Cowboyhannah
Posted 4/18/2024 7:37 PM (#1027869 - in reply to #1026712)

PM sent
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)