Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've been trying to keep this catch on the down low" -guy at the bar in PI after passing around near poster size pictures of the fish we are keeping on the down low!
- (Added by: Pointerpride102)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Articulated flies using Boggs

Message Subject: Articulated flies using Boggs
Solitario Lupo
Posted 2/22/2024 12:54 PM (#1026706)
Subject: Articulated flies using Boggs

Making articulated shanks for articulate flies using a Boggs tackle maker. Get a spinner wire in your size that you want, just for tails it does not have to be that big of a wire. If you are connecting a hook and going for Muskie I would get a wire strong enough to hold the weight of the fish.
Very easy as just use your Boggs to make the first loop. Then make the shank the size you want. Bend the end making the loop going opposite then cut to leave some for you to wrap thread on. I like adding a medium size to a couple small shanks as I like more action in the fly.
If you tie with store bought shanks then you know how to wrap thread around to lock the shanks together. I only lock them in by thread if I’m doing tails. When I tie with a hook at end of shanks (tail) I will wrap material as same then connect the shanks together using the Boggs.
Does not have to be Boggs any spinner maker would do.
If you would like a can do a fly start to end.

3219-FD2-A-B5-CA-4915-A55-B-D5822-CC699-C9

F65-C476-A-4-F45-4383-BEAC-D4540-BA0-FD98

Edited by Solitario Lupo 2/22/2024 1:06 PM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 07CFEE3F-4F0F-4429-9FEA-09C641139FC4.jpeg (33KB - 19 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)