Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Run to Osbourne Bay

Message Subject: Run to Osbourne Bay
H2O
Posted 11/28/2023 7:10 PM (#1024879)
Subject: Run to Osbourne Bay

Hello - just looking for some insight and real life experience on the run from North Shore Lodge (or similiar area) down to Osbourne Bay. I know there is quite a bit of open water and some hazards along the way. Sometimes looking at the map it doesnt seem too bad until youre out there doing it every day. I know there are good areas in the NE, just am familalir with the water down there and know Id like to at least make a couple trips. Have a Ranger 1850. Trying to plan a trip in 2024 and figuring out my options. Century Lodge openings and mine dont align. Feel free to PM. Thanks.

Edited by H2O 11/29/2023 5:36 AM
R/T
Posted 11/30/2023 1:59 PM (#1024914 - in reply to #1024879)
Subject: Re: Run to Osbourne Bay

I see you do not have a reply yet so I'll say I haven't been to Eagle since the 1990's. Stayed as what was Ojibway Paradise resort and North Shore. OPR was to the east of NSL. In a Ranger 1850 I do not see a problem getting to Osbourne from NSL. I used to get there from OPR in the Smoker Craft 168 Mag with a 25 horse that I took all over everywhere back then. Biggest diff you will have is the open water out front of NSL. Early in the season at least there is generally a west wind that comes up in the afternoon. So normal caution would apply of course. Others with a more similar boat can likely give you a better answer as to time to get there etc. Good luck on your trip. Eagle seemed to kick my butt back then but I did see a guy lay a 54", 45lb fish up on the dock at Ojibway Paradise. Camp record at the time.

Edited by R/T 11/30/2023 2:01 PM
oconesox
Posted 12/1/2023 6:16 AM (#1024925 - in reply to #1024879)
Subject: RE: Run to Osbourne Bay

I would recommend hiring Scott Jaeger, North shore’s owner, for a guide day early in your stay. He or another on of his guides could run your boat for the day and lay down some trails. Without doing that, I feel like you’re rolling the dice with your lower unit. You’ll be fine in your 1850, just keep an eye on the weather.

Andy
FishHateMe
Posted 12/1/2023 7:35 AM (#1024927 - in reply to #1024879)
Subject: Re: Run to Osbourne Bay

X2 on hiring one of Scotty's guides. NSL is, IMO, the best located camp on Eagle and a run down to Osbourne won't be difficult from a time and distance stand point. You'll have no issues with an 1850 in all but the worst of wind/weather.

But after a 10 +/- minute ride to cross the big water it gets a bit dicey running through all the neckdowns and pinch points heading down to Osbourne. I wouldn't want to do it without a trail laid down by someone who knows what they're doing. Great fishing all the way through there too, once you get a VERY GOOD lay of the land and the travel routes.

Edited by FishHateMe 12/1/2023 7:37 AM
RandyT
Posted 12/24/2023 9:07 PM (#1025389 - in reply to #1024879)
Subject: RE: Run to Osbourne Bay

I’ll guide you. No one lives breaths and fishies Osbourne and Niven’s Bay more than me. I have been blessed to grow up in Osbourne Bay ever since the age of 8 I learned from guides long since passed and who taught me things way before electronics and and I have taken those years of knowledge and combined them with current electronics to all for the guests I fish with to enjoy the fishing and experience only Osbourne has to off along with the beautiful spawning grounds of Nivens to the south. My name is Randy Tyran and I would be happy to be your guide to learn the intricacies of catching numbers and big fish on the south east end of eagle lake. Contact me anytime for questions. - Randy Tyran [email protected]

Edited by RandyT 12/24/2023 10:59 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)