Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Opinions on Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 73cv

Message Subject: Opinions on Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 73cv
oconesox
Posted 11/16/2023 6:08 AM (#1024713)
Subject: Opinions on Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 73cv

Cabelas currently has the Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 73cv ice bundle on sale for 1300. Initially it was 1900.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/garmin-echomap-uhd-73cv-fish-finder-...

I’m interested in trying our forward facing sonar, and I thought this would be a cost effective way to give it a try. I don’t spend much time on this ice butt I thought it would give me a nice opportunity to get familiar with it before next fishing season and I also like the mobility aspect.

Wondering what opinions are for those that have used it. I’m sure the new products are better but I don’t know if I’m willing to spend the money on the other options that would cost almost double. Thanks -Andy
Kirby Budrow
Posted 11/16/2023 10:19 AM (#1024720 - in reply to #1024713)
Subject: Re: Opinions on Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 73cv

I think I paid $2000 for a 93sv and LVS32 transducer a couple years ago. It was not the ice bundle so it didn't come with the bag, pole or battery so you have to factor that in. But my opinion would be to spend the extra money on at least the 32 and a 9" screen. Keep an eye out for a screaming deal around black friday. The 7" screen will probably disappoint you and the PS22 has its uses but its resale value "when" you choose to upgrade won't be very good. I heard there's a new transducer coming out so maybe wait for that to happen, then the 34s will go on sale as well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)